February 2012 Moms

30 minute wake up

EVERY NIGHT.  I put him down, out cold, 30 minutes later he's up and bedtime starts all over again.  Ugh.  What gives.  I don't know what to do!

ETA:  Oh yeah, and the putting himself to sleep thing.  That lasted one night :)  What an exciting fluke that was! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 30 minute wake up

• This has happened to me the last two nights!  He gets hysterical unless I pick him up out of his crib.  Once I put him in the nursing position with his pacifier and rock he will almost immediately calm down.  Think it a gas bubble or something?
  • I don't know... it's EVERY night without fail.  He will only calm down if I nurse him.  He then goes RIGHT back to sleep without a fight.  It's exhausting.  I've tried letting him CIO for a few minutes (which I used to think I was not a fan of), just rocking him, having DH try to soothe him.  Nothing works.  He does legitimately seem hungry as he nurses pretty well for 7-8 minutes (typical length for him).  Starting at 5:00 though I feed him every hour to hour and a half.  He nurses right before bed and then wants to nurse again 30 minutes later?  I don't get it...
  • Loading the player...
  • You poor girl!  Wish I had an answer for you.
  • Same here!!!  He cries for less than 10 minutes and then goes back to sleep.  We tried soothing him but it makes him more upset.  Crazy!!!!  It's usually right when we sit down for dinner too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ds does that right when I pour a glass of wine.... Or because he wants to chit chat for an hr. Sometimes if I catch him soon enough a pacifier will calm him right down but most nights I have to nurse or rock him.... I just repeat in going to miss this when he is 16 over and over to myself... I find it helps :p
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"