Cloth Diapering

Alvababy?

Hey guys,
I don't think I've ever posted here, but we CD our little man.  And as of now we use BumGenius.  We love them and have had no problems with them.  But today I came across Alvababy and they're really cheap and cute.  Anyone have any experience with these diapers?  If so, do you like them, etc?
Thankss!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers -- Lilypie Second Birthday tickers -- Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Alvababy?

• I have several -- they are great! I've stopped buying the more expensive diapers now (like BG) and rely on co-ops to get good deals on Alva, Sunbaby, etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh great!  Any suggestions besides these brands?  We're pretty new to cloth diapering and only own BG.  Any insight is greatly appreciated!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers -- Lilypie Second Birthday tickers -- Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Alva is my next favorite diaper. BG 4.0 is my favorite!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Labor Buddy to chulita425!
  • I love our Alva's! They are one of the first types of diapers I got. I went in on a co-op with some friends, so each diaper was under $4. They are good quality BUT some people call them "China cheapies" because they are made in China. They are similiar in fit to our BG 4.0's. I have heard that if you order them by yourself, they can take up to a month to receive since they come from another country. Our co-op got ours in about a week and half. I don't use their mf inserts, I use their 3 layer 100% bamboo, and love those. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • imagefirewiferut:
    I love our Alva's! They are one of the first types of diapers I got. I went in on a co-op with some friends, so each diaper was under $4. They are good quality BUT some people call them "China cheapies" because they are made in China. They are similiar in fit to our BG 4.0's. I have heard that if you order them by yourself, they can take up to a month to receive since they come from another country. Our co-op got ours in about a week and half. I don't use their mf inserts, I use their 3 layer 100% bamboo, and love those. :)

Do you get away with just one of the full bamboo inserts?  I've heard some people need two, but the bamboo blends are more absorbent.

image  image  image

• Are they comfy on baby's bum?  They're not plastic-y are they?
  • I just got my Alvas. I ordered by myself from the website on May 16 and got them today, so shipping was pretty fast. They are not plasticy at all. 2 are suedecloth inner (like BG) and one is fleece. I don't know how to tell the difference on the website. Their micro fiber inserts are really thin, so I won't use it alone. I also got 10 bamboo inserts, so I plan to layer 1microfiber with 1 bamboo.
    Pinterest
    My Blog- Life With a Toddler
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#2 12/2/12 EDD 8/26/13; No heartbeat at 6w6d on 1/4/13; D&C 1/5/13
    My Ovulation Chart
    PgAL/PAL Always Welcome
  • imageTeneniel:

imagefirewiferut:
    I love our Alva's! They are one of the first types of diapers I got. I went in on a co-op with some friends, so each diaper was under $4. They are good quality BUT some people call them "China cheapies" because they are made in China. They are similiar in fit to our BG 4.0's. I have heard that if you order them by yourself, they can take up to a month to receive since they come from another country. Our co-op got ours in about a week and half. I don't use their mf inserts, I use their 3 layer 100% bamboo, and love those. :)

Do you get away with just one of the full bamboo inserts?  I've heard some people need two, but the bamboo blends are more absorbent.

Yup! It just depends on how long I need her in the diaper for. If it's 2 hours or so, one is enough. If I double them up I can get 4 hours. They don't get smelly like mf tends to do either. Love them!

And to the post asking if they're soft or plastic-y, definitely soft. Just like any other pocket. Their website is kind of confusing (language wise) and they don't specify whether each diaper is microfleece inner, or suedecloth. Somehow when I ordered, all of mine were suede (like bumGenius), and I prefer that over microfleece for sure.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • The Loving Alva Baby group on facebook has notes on all of the different series and what the diapers are made of.  Made things a lot easier for me, because I wanted mostly fleece instead of suede cloth.  
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker image
  • Its funny with Alva, I have around 7 of their diapers and they are three different styles.  Snaps are laid out differently, double gussets and minky fabric on a few.  Its a trip.  But I've never had a leak.  Secretly I love alva the best because of the cute patterns, but I use BG 90% of the time because they are aplix.
    If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have 11 of them (the rest of our stash is BG 4.0).  Honestly, I love them more than the BGs.  They seem to fit my dude better.  I am so glad I didn't spend the money to buy 11 more BGs.  I did however buy BG inserts.  The alva baby inserts aren't that great.  I  like BGs inserts better.  We use microfiber without issue. 
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Thanks so much, ladies!  I'm ordering some :] And that Loving Alva Baby FB page was wicked helpful.  It had all of the styles and series listed right there!
  • I LOVE them, almost all of my diapers are Alva. I'm running a coop on them right now :) the double gusset are my favorite fit wise
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"