January 2012 Moms
Options

I am so fed up with this daycare (VENT!)

I've mentioned before that I wasn't too happy with the daycare but they had gotten better about things when I had pointed it out to them a few times.

But yesterday really ticked me off and we are looking for other options asap.

I got a text from them showing DD in just a diaper and explaining how she pooped out her outfit. OK was cute and I appreciate the pics. BUT it was only 64 degrees out and their basement is never warmer than 68 degrees. I got the text at 4pm. I got there at 4.45pm and sure enough, my baby is still sitting in the rocker and still only wearing a diaper. When she saw me walk in she said "oh I was just about to put some clothes on her" UM WHAT?!?! Why didn't she put clothes on her when she changed her diaper. So I wonder how long she was sitting like that. When I picked her up her entire body was FROZEN. She was so cold :( So I made a point of saying that right away. So she hands me over the outfit. A short sleeve onesie and pants. no socks, no jacket or at least a long sleeve onesie. So I took the stuff out of the diaper bag and said, It's too cold she needs to be dressed warmer.

Then they tell me they've been feeding her 8-9 oz per feeding. OMG! the bottles are only 8oz. DD has NEVER taken more than 7 oz and that is also only sometimes. She usually eats 6oz and is done so I don't even know how they made her eat that much! So I asked what made her think she needed to give her that much. No wonder DD gained over a pound in 2 weeks! She was burping and spitting up 3 hours later and didn't eat until almost 8pm then.

And to top things off she hands me over one paci and said she put the other one in the diaper bag. UMMM NOT DD'S PACIFIERS!!!!!!

I'm so ticked at this place. Thanks for letting me vent.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I am so fed up with this daycare (VENT!)

• Options
    raefreraefre member

In a previous post, didn't you say they came highly recommended to you?  Are you looking for a new day care?

• Options
    imageraefre:

In a previous post, didn't you say they came highly recommended to you?  Are you looking for a new day care?

Yes, that's the crazy part! But it was a friend of a friend, I don't personally know the woman who's son is in the same daycare.... We are definitely looking for another daycare. My DH is so upset about this all, too that he wants me to stay home with DD. I'd do it in a heartbeat but I don't think we can stomach it financially. But we are looking at all options. Main goal is to get her out of there asap.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    raefreraefre member

Is working part time a possibility? 

Good luck on finding somewhere else. 

• Options
    I would be pulling DD out of there as fast as I could.  None of the things you mentioned are okay.  Is she licensed?  I'd probably contact the organization in charge of licensing and file a complaint (I'm guessing something like that would be possible).

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

DD 1/3/2012
    BFP 5/21/2013 MC 5/24/2013
    BFP 7/16/2013 EDD 3/27/2014
  • Options
    Agree with pp, change asap! I used care.com and sittercity. We did about 5 interviews in a few days and found several we really liked. Good luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks everyone!

Yes we are getting DD out of there as soon as possible. If I could I'd take time off from work but I have no PTO left for the year and my boss would never go for it. Plus we couldn't afford it. We are looking at a new daycare but at the same time still trying to see if I can at least go part time down the road.

It is so heartbreaking and stressful having to drop her off at that crazy place :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"