July 2012 Moms

Ugh....so annoyed

Just saw some pics of me from our shower this weekend and my face looks HUGE! I just want to say boo to anyone who is complaining about gaining a whole 10 lbs (I almost went off on someone in a post yesterday but held myself back for fear of getting flamed). I've gained probably 35-40 lbs with 8 weeks to go still. Just can't wait to start working it off. That's all :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ugh....so annoyed

• I'm sure you look gorgeous love!! Plus I think at this point (all of us have 8 or less weeks to go by now) we all have double chins. Pregnancy is just not fair to our bodies.

Weight gain is a part of pregnancy, and its totally normal to gain 40-50 pounds now. As long as its because your body is growing the baby and not because your not actually eating enough for two people it will come off at a reasonable pace after you have your baby. 

imageimage Visit The Nest! BabyFetus Ticker :.:.Dear baby boy, No one will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.:.:
  • zyaszyas member
    I'm with you! I've gained about 35 pounds with 8 wks left too! Ugh. I also have to hold my tongue when I read about someone complaining they gained 10 pounds. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I've gained 32 lbs so far. I gained 42 with my last pregnancy (and delivered 10 days early so I'm sure it would've been a couple mo had I made it to 40 weeks) and this time I told myself I would eat healthier and work out through the pregnancy... Well, I'm doing both and still gaining, so I've given up on worrying. I lost most of the weight pretty quickly once DD was here so I'm not too worried... I will just have to be motivated and awake enough to exercise while taking care of a 3 year old and a newborn :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had the EXACT feeling reading those 'boo hoo I gained 6.784 lbs and I am 34 weeks pregnant" posts. 

Realistically, I know that some women do have weight issues or obesity, and are put on restrictions to NOT gain during pregnancy, but I didn't feel that was the case.

I am up 28 lbs now, and that is with counting cals, eating at maintenance +about 150 a day, making sure I got 100 grams or more of protein a day, and working out 6 times a week up until about 3 weeks ago.  At that point my back pain and groin pain got to be too much even just walking for more than 15 minutes, and my stomach gets really tight if I do too much.

DH took my picture last week, and my legs have gotten a little bigger, but not much...however, I looked so huge...I almost cried.  I worked REALLY hard to lost 30 lbs before the BFP and control my weight that even an extra inch on my arse is hard to bear.  All my friends say I look great and it is all belly, but I don't believe them!  I miss my endorphin rush from working out.  But again -- I have to be happy that I have a healthy baby, and thank goodness that I am allowed to be up an moving around, unlike some of the more unfortunate bumpies on the board who are confined to bedrest!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"