June 2012 Moms

Any other June mamas without a name for LO?

I'm due in 10 days and I don't know what we're going to call LO! I'm not sure if it' because this is my 3rd LO or what, but I haven't even really been thinking of names! Before we knew we were having a boy we talked about names a lot and settled on a great girls name. After we found out LO was a boy we kind of stopped talking about it. There's one name, Oscar, that DH really likes and has sort of settled on. I like the name just fine, I'm just not sure it's the right name for my LO, kwim? We finished our baptism prep class the other night and they talked about the importance of the priest asking us what name we've given our child. I sat there thinking I dont know if I could say his name is Oscar, and I've been thinking/worrying about it since!  I told DH he'll either just have to LOOK like an Oscar and it will feel right, or we'll both have to be struck with divine inspiration once he's born, b/c otherwise I don't know what we'll do! 

FWIW, with DS and DD we had a much easier time agreeing on names, picking a top 3 list, and naming LO (though we did wait until we met them before settling 100%), so this is so weird for me.

Anyone else in a similar boat?  

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Any other June mamas without a name for LO?

• My c-section is scheduled for next Thursday the 7th, and we have a list of about 10 names, but nothing set in stone. I guess we'll know on the 7th.

FWIW Oscar is the name of one of my brothers and he likes that it's not super common. It's a family name.

• We have a few lined up but nothing set in stone. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Due on Monday (we'll see about that - she seems comfy in there!) and we have a list of ten or so names - some of which we're more serious about than others. When we see her then we'll make a decision.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageslowden86:
    We have a few lined up but nothing set in stone. 

This is where we are too. We have 2 girl names and 2 boy names, but aren't sure about a middle name for one of them. We'll have to wait and meet baby to see. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm due the 18th, but he'll probably be born a week earlier scheduled.  I have NOOOOOOO clue on the name!  We can't decide on anything.  Guess we should work on it!
  • We have a boy and girl name picked, but I have to say I do love Oscar. Have you tried nameberry? or asking on the BN board?
  • No name here, either.  Dh is super picky and shoots down everything.  William (Wills for short) and Henry are the only ones on his list right now, and his mother doesn't like William (name of a step-dad, I guess-she had several).  I'm not totally sold on Henry, and a co-worker/friend made a terrible face the other day when I suggested it, so now I'm really second guessing it.  We've resigned ourselves to having to meet him first.
  • Due on Tuesday (though I'm pretty sure he'll be late - he's comfy in there), and we don't have a name yet.  DH and I finally got a list narowed down to 10 yesterday.  We do have the middle name picked out, just not the first, and we're not going to have one before he gets here - hopefully we can at least narrow the list down to 3 or 4 instead of 10, though.
  • My DH is set on a name, too, and I also feel like I want to meet her before I make a final decision.  Plus I am super freaked out that the name might get to popular.  Whatever.
  • Im due on the 12th...LO has a middle name and last name. SO and I cannot decide on a name that we BOTH love! I am dead set on a one name and he just LIKES it....With DS the naming process was easy and quick and we had a name before the 20 week ultrasound....I guess when he comes out he will have a name once we see him - I HOPE SO ANYWAY
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"