Baby Showers
Options

No she didn't...

I just found out that my SIL has a registry at BRU for her second baby.  She's requesting 6-8 boxes of diapers in all different sizes, diaper genie refills and a large tote bag along with some other things.  Really?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: No she didn't...

• Options
    Hm I don't really get it... I didn't register, but for those that do, I don't get why this one is any worse than any others?
  • Options

It could possibly be to keep her own mind organized.  And for those few people who may actually ask if she is registered some where. 

Unless she is going around announcing to people that she is registered, I don't really see the big deal of it.

I think you may be looking for something to judge SIL over.

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Omgzzzzz that's so TACKY! She obviously has no KLASS! 
  • Options
    eav2ceav2c member
    I would register again simply for the completion coupon. I wouldnt air it to everyone that I had a registry and I'd likely make it private but willing I get pregnant again, I will be registering.
  • Options
    To me the fact that you "found" the registery says that she is not talking about it. I have a registry and this is my 3rd, it is more of a list of things I have been looking at and keep organized. There are no diapers on there because I am using cloth, but I don't see a big deal even if their were. Having a registery is not a big deal. Telling people who ask that you have a registery is not a big deal. Taking a billboard out on the side of the highway to advertise your registery is a big deal.
  • Options
    imageabartow:

It could possibly be to keep her own mind organized.  And for those few people who may actually ask if she is registered some where. 

Unless she is going around announcing to people that she is registered, I don't really see the big deal of it.

I think you may be looking for something to judge SIL over.

This.  I did not want a shower for either baby, but I did register because it was a way for me to keep organized.  Baby stores are really overwhelming for me.  The minute I walk in I'm all SQUEEEEE!!!!!! so it's nice to have a list to keep me on track! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I don't see the big deal w/ her having a registry for the reasons people already mentioned.

Now- if she has it and is making a point to tell people about it, or is hinting at wanting a shower, etc....  those actions are tacky.  But just having a registry- I don't see the big deal.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    I registered for this baby for the same reasons PP mentioned. FYI, when I registered at BRU they added the diapers automatically to start my registry. 
    Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image image
  • Options

imageSamiantha101:

Love this!  Bravo!

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mlangsmlangs member
    imageks3pink:

imageSamiantha101:

Love this!  Bravo!

She is being sarcastic... she doesn't mean it.

• Options

Maybe she's just using it for the completion discount?

I am going to set up a small registry for #2 if that time comes but I am not broadcasting it. I have relatives, like an aunt and my sister, who want a list of what to buy. I'm just planning to put bath products and maybe some new cloth dipes on a target registry. Because CDs are pricey and I want a discount LOL

I am certainly NOT expecting nor wanting a shower for new babies. I hate showers, esp when I am the focus of them. 

• Options

I agree with a pp. Since you "found" the registry, I'm going to give your SIL the benefit of the doubt and say she just wants the discount (which I thought was 20%?) 

• Options
    I hope the PPs are right and she just wants the discount!
    Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Maternity tickers BFP #1- 12/7/11 M/C-12/20/11 BFP #2- 2/14/12 EDD- 10/3/12
  • Options
    imageRedheadBaker:
    imageChristyML:

I agree with a pp. Since you "found" the registry, I'm going to give your SIL the benefit of the doubt and say she just wants the discount (which I thought was 20%?

Nope. 10% 

Yeah but diapers are excluded. 

Idk I personally don't care, doesn't sound like she is having a second shower and some people like to get gifts for MTB even if she isn't having a shower. 

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"