June 2011 Moms
Options

when to open gifts?

we're having a big family cook out starting at 2 and going till when ever. obvioulsy J will go down for a nap around 4 and down for the night at 8 (he'll sleep through the party)

When would you do presents and cake? my issue is that people are coming in waves.... :( i was thinkning doing everything after dinner (so 5:30/6ish) and opening any other gifts from people who leave early when they leave ("oh aunt joanne, you need to leave? let me find your gift now then!")

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: when to open gifts?

• Options
    I don't know if we are even going to open the gifts at Em's party.  We might just do it after or the next day. 
  • Options

My first thought was to do it around 3:30 before his nap.  However, you know your family and how it will go better, so if after his nap works better, then that sounds good too.

ETA: My first thought for doing at 3:30 stems from thinking the actual birthday part of the party would be 2-4, then anything after that was more 4th of July/hanging out with friends.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekimbo1216:

My first thought was to do it around 3:30 before his nap.  However, you know your family and how it will go better, so if after his nap works better, then that sounds good too.

ETA: My first thought for doing at 3:30 stems from thinking the actual birthday part of the party would be 2-4, then anything after that was more 4th of July/hanging out with friends.  

this makes alot of sense... i just don't want to do cake before dinner lol! but then people who get there early can see the presents and later can see the cake lol!

• Options
    imageDramaMama06:
    imagekimbo1216:

this makes alot of sense... i just don't want to do cake before dinner lol! but then people who get there early can see the presents and later can see the cake lol!

I agree, though I would just play it by ear. I'm not sure if we're going to open gifts at the party, my little cousin can be a terror with gifts, and I sitll shudder from what happened at my shower. I don't want DS to feel the same way.

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Rainbow baby, EDD 7/8/14, missed miscarriage 12/5/13. 
  • Options
    imagekimbo1216:

This is exactly what I was thinking.  And if people who come later bring gifts, you can have another gift opening post cake.  

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"