June 2011 Moms

Can I pre-cut the fruit?

We are having watermelon, pineapple, grapes, and strawberries.  Can I cut them and refridgerate the day before the party?  Our party is at 11am and trying to eliminate as much as possible beforehand.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Can I pre-cut the fruit?

• I hope so, because I'm cutting ours the night before LOL. The only fruits I wouldn't cut ahead of time would be ones that turn brown, like bananas and apples. You aren't using anything like that, so I'd say cut them!
    imageDS born 6/11/11, miscarriage on 8/6/2012 at 10w5d, miscarriage on 12/29/13 at 5w4d, BFP #4 on 2/21/2104 at 3w4d - EDD 11/3/2014 ♡

Would you like to read/follow my blog?
  • Definitely!  I do this all the time!  I'd be doing that if I wasn't making my mom bring the fruit!  I hate cutting fruit!

ETA: And, if you do bananas or apples last minute... you can coat them in lemon juice.  I wouldn't do them too far in advance, but a little bit before would be fine.   

• Loading the player...
  • Those fruits should be fine. If it were me I would probably set the cut up watermelon in a colander overnight  to avoid a soupy fruit salad since it is a pretty watery fruit.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageTelly21182:

Definitely!  I do this all the time!  I'd be doing that if I wasn't making my mom bring the fruit!  I hate cutting fruit!

ETA: And, if you do bananas or apples last minute... you can coat them in lemon juice.  I wouldn't do them too far in advance, but a little bit before would be fine.   

Will my apples in the chicken salad be ok?  We plan to pre-make the sandwiches as well.

• I definitely would! None of those fruits will turn brown if they're cut early.
  • For sure.  You always see the fruit trays cut up in the grocery store, and their BB date is usually several days away.  
    ~ M/C April 28/10 @ 10w2d ~ ~ M/C Sept. 14/10 @ 5w ~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would think they would be fine. They are always cut up at the supermarket. And I'm lazy and wouldn't even bother cutting up the grapes!
  • The apples in your chicken salad should be fine, as long as they are mixed in with mayo.
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Like PPs said, I'd pre-cut anything except bananas and apples.  I wouldn't mix it together until the last minute, though. 

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"