April 2012 Moms
Options

Sorry, funeral question:(

What do you think ladies, would you take either kid to the funeral?  I can easily find care for Cruz who is 3.  But Beau is EBF still and is not a fan of the bottle, and I'm not sure I can leave him for too long.  Would you take your LO to the funeral?  

Thanks.

I've put a pic below of my Dad.  He was in such good shape, he swam "laps" at the beach every morning.  It's winter here, and he only started using his wetsuit last week.  He was so strong and healthy for 70.  I'm starting to come out of the fog and feel a bit better and more rational now.  I'm a violinist by profession so I'm trying to decide what to play for the service.  We're having a Catholic service so I'll play some hymns & also some solo violin repertoire.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sorry, funeral question:(

• Options
    MsCat19MsCat19 member
    When my father passed, Linz was 5 or 6... I did not allow her to the wake, but had her go to mass and the ceremony at the cemetery.  And I think that it may just be easier for you to have the baby with you... I'm so sorry you are dealing with this... My heart breaks for you... 

imageimage

• Options

When my grandfather passed away last year, my DS's were 4 and 2 (almost 3). I didn't bring them. I felt like I needed to grieve, and let my mom grieve (if my DS's were there, they would literally suffocate my mom because they just can't get enough of her!). I explained what happened to him to them, we read books, talked about it, and we still do talk about it. I just felt like they didn't need to see all the emotions that go along with it. I needed to be able to sob when I needed to sob, without wondering if either DS was looking. That being said, I would probably take my EBF DD... she's too young to know what is going on, and it will save you from having to stress over feeding her/leaving milk/etc. ETA: I'm so sorry you have to go through this. My T&P are with you and your family.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DS - 7.2006 - C-Section b/c Breech
    DS2 - 4.2008 - Successful Vbac
    DD - 5.2012 - Successful Vbac
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I have no experience but I would say to take both kids and maybe have a good friend come along so if Cruz is getting loud or overwhelmed they can walk out with him but wouldn't mind missing the service. Maybe you could wear beau and hope he sleeps the whole time... Oh wait your playing.. Maybe someone else could wear him- I know D sleeps really well in the Moby- she slept through the entire church service last week. I know I would feel rushed/worried if my EBF little one wasn't there with me. So sorry you are having to deal with this. I will be praying for you and your family! 
    <3 Delaney. 4.5.12. <3 <br> Photobucket
  • Options
    gisa886gisa886 member
    We took Hazel to C'a grandpa's funeral back in March. There were a few small children there and they all did great. I don't know what a catholic funeral is like though. He did look amazing for his age. Oh and I've been meaning to tell you how lovely you are. I hope you are all well. 
    i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • Options
    eav2ceav2c member
    I think bringing the boys and having a good friend there to help is a good idea. Though, if you decide to get a sitter it wouldn't be a big deal either. Either way, do what feels most comfortable to you. I hope you are hanging in there and that is truly a beautiful picture of you and your dad.
  • Options

imageLadybug32110:
    I am so sorry for your loss. I have no experience but I would say to take both kids and maybe have a good friend come along so if Cruz is getting loud or overwhelmed they can walk out with him but wouldn't mind missing the service. Maybe you could wear beau and hope he sleeps the whole time... Oh wait your playing.. Maybe someone else could wear him- I know D sleeps really well in the Moby- she slept through the entire church service last week. I know I would feel rushed/worried if my EBF little one wasn't there with me. So sorry you are having to deal with this. I will be praying for you and your family! 

I think these are great suggestions.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Lady, you are pretty amazing...to play at your Dad's service is just beautiful.  I spoke at my Grandfather's funeral. I've done a lot of tough things in my life, but that was by far the hardest emotionally. Looking back, I am so glad I was able to pull myself together because it helped me with my grieving process afterwards. 

For the little ones, I would take them if you feel more comfortable that way. I am sure a friend or family member there would takeover, if you needed it. 

Cruz ( and Beau) have their own special angel now...looking out for them like no other. Children are so open and receptive...the story of your Dad visiting Cruz is just so special. God Bless you and your family during this time, Sno.  <3

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

What a beautiful photo of you and your dad. Your bond is very apparent. I must say that Beau looks just like him in that photo.

• Options
    First off, I'm so sorry for your loss :( My husband's grandfather passed away on Sunday, I wore DD in a ring sling during the visitation and she was perfect. She slept the whole time and people couldn't touch her or pass her around. I had to go to class during the actual funeral and DH was a pall bearer, so we got a sitter. I just didn't want her to be around so many people without me, and I didn't think it fair to some family member to have to step out if she cried. Good luck with your decision.
    April 2012 Mamas Blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Look! I put the diaper on the baby! image Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    vtwd40vtwd40 member
    My grandmother passed away last Saturday and her service is in 3 weeks (obviously creamation). We have to travel 4 hours to go to my parents for the service, so we'll be bringing DD to the service. She'll be 2.5 months at that point and we don't really have anyone to watch her. There will also be some family there (I'm assuming) that haven't seen her and would like to, especially since she got her middle name from my Grandmother.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"