Two Under 2
Options

Reading chairs/gliders in both rooms?

LO#1 will be 22 months when LO#2 is born.  #1 loves to read at night before bedtime and I absolutely adore his glider.  My plan was to move all of #1's furniture into #2's room, including the glider, and then #1 is getting new furniture.  (#1 is staying in a crib for at least another year.  We got him new furniture b/c his crib tranisitions to a double bed and his room isn't big enought.  #2 is going to have the bigger room, so s/he will get that crib.)  I'd like a glider/chair for #1 that is big enough for both of us to sit in, but hate the overstuffed/traditional look.  The only thing I've been able to find is the Storytime rocker by NurseryWorks (https://www.nurseryworks.net/products/storytime-rocker), but based on the reviews, that doesn't sound very comfortable.  Any other ideas?

TTC #1,
IUI #1: December 2008 - BFN
IVF #1: Microdose Lupron - July 2009; only got 1 egg; BFN
IVF #2: Natural IVF - Sept 2009; BFP!; D&C Nov. 2009
IVF #3: Natural IVF - ER: Feb 4, 2010 - 1 "M2" egg retrieved; ET: Feb 9; Beta#1 (19dpo): 2567; Beta #2: 6933; BFP w/ singleton w/strong hrtbt! DS born October 2010
TTC#2
IVF #4: Natural IVF - ER: Nov. 20, 2011; ET: Nov. 25, 2011; BFP! Beta#1 (19dpo): 1918; Saw hrtbt on 12/28/11!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Reading chairs/gliders in both rooms?

• Options

What about a nice rug with beanbag chairs or cushions on the floor? We have one room for our kids and it felt cramped in there with the glider. I also wasn't using the glider for nursing at night with #2 so we took it out altogether. Being on the floor allows me to meet both kids' needs at once. I can read with my son and nurse the baby, or let the baby have tummy time with my son in my lap etc etc. 

Not sure if that meets your needs but it's worked really well for us. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We took the rocker/recliner out of DD1s room and created a little reading corner for her instead.  I put a little rug down, put her toddler chair in the corner, moved the bookcase next to it, and put some fun new decals on the wall. Then I'll be getting a body pillow to line the wall so that there are lots of cozy seating options for her.  The rocker/recliner is in the new nursery now.  

This made sense for us because DD1 hasn't gotten a nighttime feeding in forever and she prefers to sit on our laps on the floor to read (so that she can easily run back and forth to her bookcase to bring more books to us).   

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

When DS was born we moved the glider into his room and bought a chair and a half for DD's room. Now it is awesome because both kids and I can easily fit on that chair for reading. 

It looks like this:  https://www.potterybarn.com/m/products/charleston-chair-and-a-half/

ETA: it was a bit expensive, but we got a very neutral color that matches everything so that we can eventually move it onto our Master bedroom as a reading chair.  Nothing pink or that screams "baby". 

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"