3rd Trimester
Options

Yay he is healthy/Ahhhh he is coming!

Yay/AHHHH! 

So my Dr. kept saying every two weeks that my fundal height was measuring small. First just one week behind, then two weeks behind and at three weeks behind she sent me in for an ultrasound for growth measurement. Today, I am 35w 1d and went the US tech said he is measuring 36w 2d. She said he 6lbs 0oz and head down!! I was so excited to hear he is measuring well and then she said "so everything looks good and it could be any day now" and then I was like AHHHHHH!! Noooooooo! I'm not ready!!!! Lol.

Now I know I still have plenty of time left for anything I need to get done but still ahhhhh!!!! In reality we are totally ready, clothes washed, crib up, carseat installed, bag packed, but I AM not ready yet! Yay he is healthy/Ahhhh he is coming!

Re: Yay he is healthy/Ahhhh he is coming!

• Options
    I'm glad your LO is healthy!!! That is a great feeling :) Congrats!
  • Options
    Yay!!! I'm having a similar issue (going to the OB once a week for a detailed us). I'm almost 34 weeks and she's measuring 3 weeks behind. Did you do anything special to encourage the growth of your LO? 
    ~ Mrs. G
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So glad your u/s went well! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

To Princess poster regarding trying something to encourage the growth- Pregnant women needs a higher amount of  protein than non-pregnant women, as protien is the building block for cells- so upping protein intake should help support growth- try small amounts of pregnancy-safe protien powder mixed in a blender with fruits- other sources of protien- skim cheese, skim milk, lean chicken and meat, nuts, etc.   are also good and healthy. 

• Options
    I feel the same way. Yay!/AHH!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageTwinklestar7:

To Princess poster regarding trying something to encourage the growth- Pregnant women needs a higher amount of  protein than non-pregnant women, as protien is the building block for cells- so upping protein intake should help support growth- try small amounts of pregnancy-safe protien powder mixed in a blender with fruits- other sources of protien- skim cheese, skim milk, lean chicken and meat, nuts, etc.   are also good and healthy. 

Thank you! I'll definitely up my protein intake!!! 

~ Mrs. G
  • Options

Your welcome. I really hope it helps.   I noticed it seems everytime my LO has a growth spurt and measured bigger than usual in my biweekly ultrasounds usually seems to be around the time I am consuming lots of protien- protien drinks and meat in specifics- so it makes me think it at least helps somewhat!  When I dont consume as much protein, her growth seems to level out somewhat in the ultrasound so I really feel like there is a connection.   It doesnt hurt to try...the right kinds of protien is a good thing to have more of in pregnancy.  T&P headed your way! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"