Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Tummy time help

My son hates tummy time. He just lays there and screams. I get down on the floor with him, talk to him, and try to entertain him with his favorite toy, but he just really hates being on his belly. Any  suggestions for time of day etc.?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Tummy time help

• My little guy hates tummy time, but is getting better at tolerating it. I would just make sure that tummy time isn't right after feeding, wait at least an hour or so.
  • Try a bit of tummy time on your lap.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • DrRxDrRx member
    You can also try laying him on your chest and having him push up that way.  Also agree with PP about not doing it right after a meal.
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • kalettekalette member
    try putting a pillow under his head and chest, sometimes the incline makes it easier and more enjoyable.
  • i had the same question, and someone told me to use a mirror.  lo loves it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageDrRx:
    You can also try laying him on your chest and having him push up that way.  Also agree with PP about not doing it right after a meal.

This 

• My daughter loathes tummy time on the floor but loves it after a bath when i massage and put lotion on her back and bottom, she loves lying on my knees and playing airplane (great ab workout too!) and lying on the bed looking over the at down at me! and of course never after eating!! 
    Averie Belle March 9, 2012 5 lbs, 11 oz
  • imageDrRx:

Yup!  This is the only way that my son enjoys it...  He loves tummy time on mummy's chest! 

• imagekalette:
    try putting a pillow under his head and chest, sometimes the incline makes it easier and more enjoyable.

This, plus use a mirror. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • On your chest, on your lap, or over a Boppy are usually better. Anytime they're getting to strengthen their neck muscles counts in my book - even if you're holding them upright and letting them try to hold their head up on their own a bit...I don't know many babies that enjoy being flat on their bellies for very long so you're not alone!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"