July 2012 Moms
Options

Unwanted RIDICULOUS Pregnancy Advice?? :)

So I'll start...

First one:

I was at the grocery store in the produce aisle picking up some Green Granny Smith Apples..... Lady walks up to me and says I shouldn?t eat green apples while I'm pregnant or it will make my baby unintelligent?Uhh I'm sorry Dr.Grocery Store... didnt know i had asked you for a diagnonsense.

Second one:

I mention to a coworker that LO seems to get the hiccups around the same time every day, she says when she was pregnant, her LO would always get the hiccups at night so she used to drink a few glasses of red wine to help "calm him down" and to help get rid of his hiccupps and that I should do the same...Becasue THAT sounds like a good idea.. drink alcohol to get rid of fetal hiccups and give my baby a buzz.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Unwanted RIDICULOUS Pregnancy Advice?? :)

• Options
    zyaszyas member

Wow, both of those are just crazy!!! I do have to say I love your word: diagnonsense, lol. I'm totally going to use that one day :)

• Options
    Yeah the baby is suppose to pass out drunk just because of hiccups?!?! Good lord! WTF is wrong with ppl!!
    Loving life's blessings!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    imageimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My MIL told me I would be fine having a few drinks, and even getting drunk, while pregnant because she did with my DH. In fact, he went to a few parties with her and was drunk with her. It is a terrifying idea, and she's never being left alone with my child if she thinks that stuff is ok.

Even a minor event in the life of a child is an event of that child's world and thus a world event.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imagePaddyB:
    imageAllieR22:

So I'll start...

First one:

I was at the grocery store in the produce aisle picking up some Green Granny Smith Apples..... Lady walks up to me and says I shouldn?t eat green apples while I'm pregnant or it will make my baby unintelligent?Uhh I'm sorry Dr.Grocery Store... didnt know i had asked you for a diagnonsense.

If that's true my baby is going to be an idiot.

Hahahaha same here, I have a green apple with peanut butter as my 10am snack almost everyday...

• Options
    It's sad that there are people out there that are just THAT stupid........
  • Options

I've heard that a half glass of wine every now and then can have some benefits.

But seriously a few glasses, for something like the hiccups?  I think we all know that's not a good idea.

• Options

Ooooh oooh can I add one?.....

"Oh honey you're really not supposed to sleep on your left side, it makes the umbilical cord get wrapped around their neck!". 

• Options
    Kd4Kd4 member
    One of the hostesses at work, who's never had a kid, told me not to try and breastfeed too long because she heard it was hard...so is labor! That was a really interesting comment and I told her I was going to do it anyway.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Never heard the apple one thing before. Sounds like the person giving that unsolicited advice must have been born to a woman who ate a lot of green apples while pregnant. 

With the amount of TV most people watch how is it possible that the newfangled science behind not drinking a ton of alcohol hasn't sunk in yet? 

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • Options

imageAllieR22:

I mention to a coworker that LO seems to get the hiccups around the same time every day, she says when she was pregnant, her LO would always get the hiccups at night so she used to drink a few glasses of red wine to help "calm him down" and to help get rid of his hiccupps and that I should do the same...Becasue THAT sounds like a good idea.. drink alcohol to get rid of fetal hiccups and give my baby a buzz.

I usually get the hiccups AFTER a few glasses of red wine. Not the other way around.  Hmm....  

• Options

For me it was from a SIL and BIL (neither of whom have ever had children)- "You should really get out and go on a hike every single day. It's good for the baby."

For them, a hike is six miles both ways. I do go out and get exercise when I feel up to it. Not lately, because I'm incredibly uncomfortable- but I didn't like hiking and camping before I got pregnant, so now I'm supposed to do it when I'm carrying another human being who's already squishing my lungs, especially when I have asthma? I didn't know either one of them had medical degrees....

My SIL likes reminding me that I'm pregnant, not disabled- and all I have to say is "Come talk to me when you're eight months pregnant." I do everything I did when I wasn't pregnant, except work 11 hour days.

Another ridiculous thing is a woman told me that a shot of vodka wouldn't kill my baby. Yeah, no.

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."- Emily Bronte Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"