February 2012 Moms

Breast feeding and teeth

So my goal is to breast feed until at least 9 months. However, I am pretty scared about teeth!  Is anyone else nervous about this?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Breast feeding and teeth

• I bf my 2nd child for 14 months. It's not what you think. If they do bite you just have a quick reaction and say no bite. It only really hurts if they have bottom and top teeth.I think I remember pushing her face into my boob to block her nose so she would  have to open her mouth to breath to let go . It might of happened once or twice.
  • Very! I've joked that I'll continue to breastfeed until she cuts teeth, but then continue to pump. We'll see though! I'm sure it'll only take one good bite for me to be like "ok, and we're done"
  • Loading the player...
  • imageheymommy:
    I bf my 2nd child for 14 months. It's not what you think. If they do bite you just have a quick reaction and say no bite. It only really hurts if they have bottom and top teeth.I think I remember pushing her face into my boob to block her nose so she would  have to open her mouth to breath to let go . It might of happened once or twice.

Very good to know!  Thanks! 

• I'll admit, I gave up bfing my first when she got teeth on top and bottom. I'm going to try to keep DS from biting a bit more diligently to see if we can go longer.
  • He already "bit" me 4 times this past weekend- he doesn't have teeth yet- but it hurt! It was enough to make me say "Ow!" and instinctively shove him away from me (oops). I have pretty much EP'd since then and think I am done on the breast (I need to use a shield anyway, which is a PITA).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"