July 2012 Moms

Wasn't going to stalk anymore...

But last week when I checked, barely anything was purchased from either our BRU or Target registry. My shower is on Sunday and still there are only a few items purchased, which are from people that have already bought and given us things early. I know it's not a big deal, maybe people don't have them take it off the registry, or whatever... but I was wondering, has anyone else had this situation and still ended up getting things from your registry as opposed to random things that people THINK you will want/need? I'm a bit nervous now and wish I hadn't looked. Oh well, live and learn!  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Wasn't going to stalk anymore...

• Actually my shower was last Saturday and only 3 things were taken off my list. I only received 3 items off my list at the shower. I got a TON of clothes. I feel like a horrible person because I am not as thankful as I should be because I didn't get any of the things that are needed except for 2.  I registered for things $2.49 and up to make sure that I had things in everyones price range. I guess people can't help but buy you the cute little clothes.

Sorry for taking over your post... still a little frustrated.

• I didn't stalk my registry, but about half the gifts I got at my shower were from the registry, and the other half were clothes or toys. When I checked my registry afterward, there were only about 5 things marked off, even though I got a lot of gifts from it. I think people often buy the gifts without mentioning that they're from a registry

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemom2babyvitz:

Actually my shower was last Saturday and only 3 things were taken off my list. I only received 3 items off my list at the shower. I got a TON of clothes. I feel like a horrible person because I am not as thankful as I should be because I didn't get any of the things that are needed except for 2.  I registered for things $2.49 and up to make sure that I had things in everyones price range. I guess people can't help but buy you the cute little clothes.

Sorry for taking over your post... still a little frustrated.

No worries, I wanted to hear other peoples' experiences too! This is my fear, so I guess we'll see what happens... Good to know that some other PP actually received things from their registry that just weren't removed by the store.  I'm sure no matter what everything will work out and we'll have what we need. I'm just nervous because we haven't really bought ANYTHING yet so it'll be a rush to get things ready if we dont get a lot of the things that we need. I know it's kinda silly to worry about it, and I will be grateful to get anything that people want to give us :)

• I have frequently been known to stop at BRU on the way to the shower to pick up a gift.  Given that they do free gift wrapping and I have 2 kids at home, it is a lot of times just easier to build it into that time I am going to be out alone anyway instead of dragging two kids to BRU ahead of time.  Maybe some of your guests are doing that, or shopping tomorrow.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I *think* Target may be having some issues.  I've received a few gifts in the mail lately that were items I put on my registry, but they haven't been marked as "purchased" (and they are like specific things with certain patterns, not so much random items that people would just coincidentally pick out).  I haven't noticed that with my BRU one though, just Target.
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm registered at Target & BRU and Target has some major issues. First of all, their website sucks, but second of all... I received duplicates because they were never marked as "purchased" on my registry. And those guests told me that they had a feeling that would happen because the "cashier didn't know what she was doing" when trying to take it off my registry. I just returned them, but at Target you need a gift receipt or they apply it towards your $70 allowance that you are allowed to return in a year. I had to use that too. So if it's a large item... good luck. I have really had some issues with Target lately with my registry. Luckily, no issues with BRU, or returning items at BRU either, even without a receipt. They rock.
    imageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • My shower is sunday too!! I feel so bad cuz I stalked the other day and saw 4 smallish things had been purchased. I was thrilled! Then my mom says, "I went to BRU and got you some things yesterday." and I thought oh man I just ruined it for myself.  Lol!
    Loving life's blessings!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    imageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"