Breastfeeding

there's no such thing as too much weight gain, right?

(it's amazing how I can always find something to worry about)

Breastfed babies can't gain too much weight, right? Even if it's more than what sources say are "average"?

Kellymom cites two different sources for what the average BF baby gains in 0-4 months, one says 5-7oz/week is average, the other says 5.5-8.5 oz/week. 

I just did the math and my daughter has gained an average of 11 oz/week... whoa. That's still OK, right?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: there's no such thing as too much weight gain, right?

• my baby gained almost 3 lb in his first 3 weeks of life, he's slowed down considerably since then, lol.
        image  image

• DS gained 2-4oz a day for a while there.  The pedi was super happy... He started in 4th percentile and jumped up to 26th!
    dx MF & FF IF
    Off B.C. Jan '06, started charting Feb '08, 2% morphology and PCOS, no O with meds,
    IVF w/ICSI only option to conceive.
    Licensed Foster Parents 07.11
    Miracle BFP 7.20.11 1st beta 6,274! EDD 3.17.12
    Miracle Baby born March 5, 2012 . 6lbs 1oz, 19 3/4"
    Miracle BFP #2 10.8.12 - edd 6.20.13

Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • For a while I was convinced my daughter would be 52 lbs at a year because she kept gaining a pound a week! It slowed down after a while, and my little CHUNK started to stretch out the second she started crawling. She's now 95% for height and 50% for weight at 3 years. 
  • DS gained a pound a week the first mont and a pound every two weeks the second month.   He weighed 17 lbs at 4 months,   He then started becoming more active and at his year appointment was 21 lbs.   He was just tanking up.   He's currently in the 50th percentile for weight at age 2.
  • Abigail was the chubbiest baby ever.
    But she was EBFed, so there's no way it could have been unhealthy.
    I think chubby BFed babies are healthy, but if the weight gain was from like, french fried and hot dogs, I'd be kinda concerned. 
    ...haha.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS did that one week too. It made up for all he lost at the beginning.  Regardless how what my kids eat, they double their weight by 4 mos.  My BF DD slowed down considerably after 6 mos, my FF DS did not.  That was the only real difference for us.
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"