September 2012 Moms
Options

Newbie w/ a "scarry situation" ?

Hey Evrybody! Im new to posting. Im having a baby BOY due in September, and Im so excited! And i really love reading all the September Moms posts, and decided to chime in with a question I have. Not baby related, but really had me shaken up this morning.

So I was driving to work this morning, and i was behind a super slow car. I passed him, because i really wanted to catch the green light, and after i did, he sped up and started riding my a**! I purposely made a couple turns and he just kept following me. I figured he just wanted to yell at me and i wanted him to just stop following me, so i pulled over into an empty parking lot, but all he did was pull onto the side of the street and watch me. I was shaking scarred, it was a blue cadillac with tinted windows, and i couldnt see him well, i could only make out a man figure. So i called my mom, becuase i had no idea what to do, i didnt want him following me to work, becasue i dont need to be stalked there. And my mom told me to come to her house, it's right in the neighborhood of where i was. And sure enough he started following me again. When i got to my mom's he drove by slow, but was then gone. So Im thinking this person was just mad at me for passing him, and he just wanted to scare me, which he did a really good job at! But if i could go back to being parked in the parking lot alone, i think i should have done things different, and i really wish i didnt go to my Mom's house, i dont like the fact this creaper knows where my family lives, becuase he could be thinking i live there, and you just never know how crazy this person could be.

So if you were in my situation, what would you have done? I just want to be smarter if this ever happens again (hopefully not!) I consider myself a safe driver, but i obviously must have pissed this guy off..or he was just extra touchy this morning..

p.s i never got to the store to pick up my buttered muffin before work! i was really craving it bad!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Re: Newbie w/ a "scarry situation" ?

• Options
    Welcome to the board and sorry that happened to you. Some people are seriously nutty- that said, I probably would've driven straight to the police station. No questions asked. Because when it comes down to it, they are the only ones who can help you in that situation. Good luck and hopefully nothing comes of it.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Options
    I would have called 911. No hesitation there. I also like the PPs suggestion of driving to the police department. Really, they are there to help, so you shouldn't hesitate to call 911 in a situation like this.

Elizabeth Grace 11.20.05 Nora June 7.15.08 Beatrix Catherine 9.4.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Manx4Manx4 member
    Always pull into a police or fire station if someone is doing that, never lead them to a place they may be able to track you down.  At the least, you should have called a non emergency # (use 411 on your cell) and told them what was going on. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member

While the police station is probably the best idea, the only one I know of is downtown. I probably would have pulled into a busy McDonald's or Starbucks (what ever was close and busy).

DH put a Baby On Board magnet on my car when I was pregnant with DS and he thinks it is a miracle worker for getting people to stay off my ass. But if you have the magnet, you better drive safe yourself. Nothing like someone running a yellow with a baby on board magnet. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    ckred27ckred27 member
    imageMrsSparklebottom:

Pulling over in a lonely parking lot = BAD IDEA.

You should have gone to a police station. 

THIS THIS THIS! Glad your ok! 

POS+April 2009-M/c May 2009, POS+July 2009-M/c Aug 2009, POS+ Novemeber 2009 -Baby Boy Charlie DOB 07/06/2010, POS+July 2011-M/c and D&C Aug 2011, POS+Dec 2011 -Baby Boy Ethan DOB 07/27/2012, POS+Aug 2013-TWIN BOYS! Jack and Miles born March 23rd 2014!!

">image
  • Options
    You should have written down his license number and reported him. Also, like everyone else said, drive right into a police station.
  • Options

imageManx4:
    Always pull into a police or fire station if someone is doing that, never lead them to a place they may be able to track you down.  At the least, you should have called a non emergency # (use 411 on your cell) and told them what was going on. 

this is what I would do. Welcome to the board and sorry about this creeper! I had someone randomly following me around years and years ago and it scared the crap out of me. I had no idea what to do, I just kept driving and eventually they left me alone. I still have no clue why they started or what they wanted. People are f'ing weird.

DD1 October 2008
    DD2 October 2010
    DS September 2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Halloween tickers
  • Options
    This happened to me too but it was many years ago before cell phones.  I drove to the police station and he did not follow me into the parking lot.  If it happened to me now I might just call 911 like PP said.
  • Options
    Ditto the police station or even a fire station. Pulling over into an empty parking lot is DANGEROUS!!!!!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jbBeansjbBeans member
    Ditto driving to the police station (or somewhere busy/public if that really wasn't an option) and taking down his plate #. Hopefully he was just some jerk with road rage and it was nothing personal. Glad you're ok! 
  • Options
    Sorry you had to go through that! Like PPs have said, you should always go to a polic or fire station in that situation. Or if you don't know where one is, call 911. Glad you're ok!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    skyejoskyejo member

What is wrong with some people?? This guy has nothing better to do than stalk and scare you? Come on. 

I would have called 911 while driving to the nearest police station--I'm sure a cop would have easily scared this creeper off.  I'm sorry you had to go through that :(

• Options
    kjskjskjskjs member
    imageMrsSparklebottom:

Pulling over in a lonely parking lot = BAD IDEA.

You should have gone to a police station. 

My thoughts exactly. I would drive straight to the local police station and if there wasn't one near by I would go to the firestation. If that's not an option, I would drive to a hospital and just park in a loading zone and go inside and find an officer/security. NEVER EVER stop alone in an empty area.

imageimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, thinking back on it, my thought process was all wrong! I wish i would have called the police, or had somebody at my office be outside and take a picture of his license plates, so i could report him. Everyone at my work knows what happened, so i have a safe plan for if it happens again tomorrow or anytime in the future.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • Options

I would recommend calling the police while you are still driving, and creeper is still following. 

One time I was being followed aggressively and I pulled into a busy Walmart parking lot.  The van continued to follow me up and down the rows, and so I called the police while they were following.  The police showed up and sorted it out (it was an OLD LADY harassing me because she thought I was drunk!!  Apparently she thought I had swerved.  Funny... because I passed her because I thought SHE was drunk, driving with 1/3 of her car across the center line and almost hitting mailboxes when an oncoming car passed.  Turns out she was!  Idiot!

Anyway, sorry for my hijack, I'm glad you are okay.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options

Like everyone else has said, try to go to the police department or somewhere public that's very busy. If you had your phone, call 911 and let the police know. Hopefully this will not happen to you again! That's really scary. Glad you're okay!!

When I was a younger teenager I went out for a walk around my neighborhood. I didn't have a cell phone yet. As I was getting closer to home (2 blocks away) I noticed this car that was driving by me several times. Everytime they slowed down and it was really starting to freak me out. I didn't want to go home and have him follow me so I took note of the car and plate number. There was a house ahead of me with its garage door open, so I just walked in. I knocked on the door and told the people what was going on and they called the cops. I never saw the creep again. It was enough to scare me though!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"