Toddlers: 24 Months+

how much does your 2 year old eat?

Hi, my name is Sandy and I have a 2 year old boy who is really picky with food, there are days that he will stay in his chair  for a long time and no even touch what is in front of him Sad. I'm going crazy because I don't know what I'm doing wrong. he is a very healthy kid, the only reason why we go to the Dr. is for his regular check ups. I need some advice please!

thanks!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: how much does your 2 year old eat?

• thank you! I try not to worry too much but somedays are just really frustraiting.

thanks for you answer. :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • my child only eats at daycare probably because other kids are doing so she has to

during the weekends she eats little to nothing--its a struggle to watch her pick at EVERYTHING I feel ya!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • There are some things that my 2 year old will always eat--like puffs (he pours out his puffs into the tray on our stroller and munches on it in public), fruit yogurt smoothies. 

My son also likes Lean Cuisine frozen dinners like Lasagne, Meatloaf, Salisbury Steak, and Macaroni & Cheese.  And he likes orange juice and fruit. 

I like to share my dinner with him.  I will get a Teryaki chicken breast and cut up pieces of chicken for him and add mixed vegeables and pieces of bread.  My husband likes to give him potato chips. 

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • MrsSRMrsSR member

Like other posters have said, it really depends.

Some days she hardly touches her food and other days she eats non-stop.

I always start her out with a toddler size serving and if she wants more she gets it.

If she doesn't eat, she doesn't eat.  I don't force her or offer a different meal.

• KadyraKadyra member
    As pp said, some days he eats and others nothing. For us it's a meal to meal thing. BecAuse he doesn't always eat, if he asks for seconds we give them to him until he stops asking. It's amazing to sit there and watch him snarf two pop tarts in a row. 
    Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • thanks ladies!, There are days he will eat waffles with syrup but then there are other days he will take 2 bites and say all done! Sad.I try no to offer other foods,I just wish he would tell me what he wants to eat
  • Today for dinner, she had a few pieces of broccoli, a few spoonfuls of cereal, a serving of honeydew and milk.  The only thing she'll eat an entire of serving of is fruit.  But there are a few (rare) days where I'll see her eat an entire drumstick or an entire Nathan's hot dog, half a plate of noodles and all her veggies.  I guess she finally got hungry after days of not eating.

My son was the same way, but seemed to grow out of his picky stage when he turned 3ish.  He now finishes most of his plate every meal.  It still takes some goading, but he'll at least eat it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • my dd doesn't sleep well if she doesn't eat SOMETHING

so I offer her what I've made and try to get her to eat it for about half an hour (sometimes a different plate or fork or spoon or a bit of ketchup will get her interested)

if she's still eaten nothing after that time, then I offer her cereal or toast

I just don't believe in putting them to bed hungry :)

• There are some days where DD sustains on just milk and water.  For breakfast, snacks, and lunch we give her foods we know she will eat.  For dinner we give her what we are eating, but put a piece of bread and fruit on her plate because we know she'll eat it.

She also tends to be more interested in eating if we give her one of our forks instead of a toddler fork.  She also likes to dip her food so we give her ranch, ketchup, syrup, etc. to get her to eat new foods.

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • gwennecgwennec member
    Yep, my daughter is picky too. She won't even touch fries on most days. But she would snack all day if she could. She also will eat peas and corn, but that is about it. She barely touches fruit these days. It is frustrating b/c when she ate purees she would love broccoli and applesauce and oatmeal, etc. Now I am lucky if she will eat 3 tiny spoonfuls of my oatmeal. She also seems to love dry cereal, so try to give her more healthy versions.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"