Stay at Home Moms

UO Thursday?

We have been so slow! Am I going to have to start cleaning during naptime? Stick out tongue Are we not having UO Thursday anymore? Or did we all start beating a dead horse to much last week?
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

Re: UO Thursday?

• My UO is that even though we gave up cable for me to SAH, I am so addicted to dumb shows like "16 and Pregnant" that I watch them online during naptime. I used to clean but I liked English's idea of using naptime as a break.  Thanks, English!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• I don't think it is possible to beat too many horses especially around here.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • ta78ta78 member

It is quiet around here.

My UO is I don't understand why people have more than 3 or 4 kids. Especially in instances like DH's boss. His wife is a SAHM, home schools and is due with their 6th in a couple weeks. The H works long hours to begin with, then does some rescue hiking stuff every other weekend. I would go crazy if I were her. Not to mention I don't feel like you'd get quality time with any of them, at least not all of them.

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• imagelexusolsen:
    My UO is that even though we gave up cable for me to SAH, I am so addicted to dumb shows like "16 and Pregnant" that I watch them online during naptime. I used to clean but I liked English's idea of using naptime as a break.  Thanks, English!

I love mindless/ smut TV once and a while! We don't have cable either. Are those shows on Hulu?

Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • Sorry I posted and ran, DS woke up.

My UO is that I think it is just shitty when dads don't want to help with the newborns or even truly to bound with the until they are toddlers. During my MOMS groups l always hear that men have trouble bonding with little babies and I think a lot of it is some guys just don't want to take the time to do all the stuff that comes with a baby. When women makes excuses for their men saying that babies just are not their thing I roll my eyes. Same when a man refuses to carry a diaper bag, wear the baby in a carrier, or even change a diaper in public because it makes them lose their "man card". Sorry but grow some balls and enjoy your kid. Gus are just as capable as women to care and bond with a baby. Sure it may be in a different way then the mom does it but you can still do it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

• imageCnAmom:
    imagehayleydeee:

imagelexusolsen:
    My UO is that even though we gave up cable for me to SAH, I am so addicted to dumb shows like "16 and Pregnant" that I watch them online during naptime. I used to clean but I liked English's idea of using naptime as a break.  Thanks, English!

I love mindless/ smut TV once and a while! We don't have cable either. Are those shows on Hulu?

You can watch full episodes on the mtv website. I love trashy reality Tv.

Yep! The MTV website is a treasure trove of trashy reality tv without the cable price tag. If you wait too long, they block it for a while but it comes back. I use Hulu for good tv- Bones and NCIS. We get those channels I'm just busy during that time frame. Speaking of trash tv- Does anyone watch Secret Life of the American Teenager? Did it ever come back on after Amy got engaged?  

• ta78ta78 member
    imagenekorayne:

Sorry I posted and ran, DS woke up.

My UO is that I think it is just shitty when dads don't want to help with the newborns or even truly to bound with the until they are toddlers. During my MOMS groups l always hear that men have trouble bonding with little babies and I think a lot of it is some guys just don't want to take the time to do all the stuff that comes with a baby. When women makes excuses for their men saying that babies just are not their thing I roll my eyes. Same when a man refuses to carry a diaper bag, wear the baby in a carrier, or even change a diaper in public because it makes them lose their "man card". Sorry but grow some balls and enjoy your kid. Gus are just as capable as women to care and bond with a baby. Sure it may be in a different way then the mom does it but you can still do it!

I agree. If you are a dad, then babies are your thing. I would flip if DH ever tried any of that. Luckily he has always been willing to take our girly diaper bag when he takes DS out anywhere. I think I may get something a little less feminine for the next baby.

• imagehayleydeee:

imagelexusolsen:

You are welcome, Lexus!  I'm so glad you're taking time for yourself.   

• imagenowababy:

I think there's an interesting paradox (or maybe that's not the word) in parents who believe in sleep training early but who also believe that you should wait until a kid is fully ready to potty train. I suppose the opposite is interesting as well.

ETA: Is this dead horse-ish? I don't mean it to be. It's just my UO.

HAHA- not dead horse-ish at all. LOL. I never thought about it but that is a good point! 

• imagecjcouple:

Lexus, I watch secret life and if came back for a while. Actually I think the next finale is Monday. 

It has been pretty boring though, right mow everyone think Anne and Amy are gay

Amy and Ricky picked 4th of July for there wedding date next year, dr bowman had another son in Africa who is now 15 and on the show living with Cathleen.

Ben has an annoying girlfriend who is really controlling. He is such a pushover.  

I used to watch this a while ago.  I definitely missed a few seasons.  What happened to Ricky's ex, the Latino slutty girl that got KU by Ben?  Are Amy's parents still together?  What happened with her sister?

Oh and I am the youngest of 7 and LOVE being in a big family.  So I am thrilled my parents didn't stop at 3 or 4 :)

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • imagecjcouple:

Eagles, Adrian and Ben got married and sadly they lost the baby at full term, still born. It was sooooo sad. Now they are divorced and she is dating a college guy and finishing hs since she was out with baby.

Anne and George are not together. George is dating graces mom Cathleen and Anne just got back from Europe with Ashley. They have been there all season so nothing really happening with them except Anne might be gay

Leo and his wife also split and he is now with his old secretary.

Grace is in between guys. Amy ANC Ricky are engaged and live together. Henry slept with Adrian after graduation. Madison slept with Lauren's boyfriend at same party. Now everyone made up 

The last but sounds familiar, that must have been where I left off. I never saw the stillborn episode because I had recorded the show on the DVR and a friend made me promise not to watch the show because I was in my third trimester. I'm glad I got a warning! Thanks for the recap. :) It sounds like I found my nap time entertainment. 

• imagecjcouple:

Eagles, Adrian and Ben got married and sadly they lost the baby at full term, still born. It was sooooo sad. Now they are divorced and she is dating a college guy and finishing hs since she was out with baby.

Anne and George are not together. George is dating graces mom Cathleen and Anne just got back from Europe with Ashley. They have been there all season so nothing really happening with them except Anne might be gay

Leo and his wife also split and he is now with his old secretary.

Grace is in between guys. Amy ANC Ricky are engaged and live together. Henry slept with Adrian after graduation. Madison slept with Lauren's boyfriend at same party. Now everyone made up 

Thank you for the update!  OK, I am unsure on some of the names.  Leo isn't Ben's dad, right?  I loved him and his ditzy wife together.  Who is Henry?  Who is Ben after these days?

I did know that Amy and Ricky were engaged from a commercial.  I always liked Ricky because he was honest. 

Weren't Madison and Lauren BFF's?  Scandalous!  Is Grace still born-again?

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Oh that Adrian!  Such a giver, she sleeps with guys bc she feels sorry for them!  That is so sad about her baby. 

Grace never really did act very Christian - she had very situational ethics.  I just remembered that her mom was Jane from Melrose Place lol

Why did Ben and Stifler's mom get divorced?  Betty, right?  Who was Grace's ex-BF that Madison dated, Jack? 

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • kacellekacelle member
    imageta78:

It is quiet around here.

My UO is I don't understand why people have more than 3 or 4 kids. Especially in instances like DH's boss. His wife is a SAHM, home schools and is due with their 6th in a couple weeks. The H works long hours to begin with, then does some rescue hiking stuff every other weekend. I would go crazy if I were her. Not to mention I don't feel like you'd get quality time with any of them, at least not all of them.

DH is the fifth of six boys.  All 6 were homeschooled K-12.  His dad works long hours (self-employed in construction) and the boys worked with him a lot in high school and beyond.  DH loves it, and his mom is basically superwoman.  I wouldn't mind being as pulled together and as close-knit as their family is. 

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • ta78ta78 member
    Were they all still close to their father? I just personally wouldn't feel comfortable with that many kids, I have a hard enough time with DS right now. Or like in a family like the Duggars or something where the oldest children are relied on to take care of the younger. I don't think that's fair to them. I could see how that would bring a family together though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"