Pregnant after a Loss

Well, Mom took it better than I expected...

So after weeks of trepidation, I sent an email announcment to our families on Monday letting them know about lo coming at the beginning of December.  I got instant reponses from all our sibling with excited congratulations.  I still haven't heard from the in-laws, so I guess they haven't checked their email, which is weird because their daughter is overseas right now and that is how they are communicating.

I heard from my mom today and she was really good for her.  She said "hi, how are you",  I said good and you.  She said "oh, congratulations, by the way".  I said thanks.  She asked how I was feeling and if I had had any u/s yet.  I told her I am feeling much better and that I had 2 u/s the last one last week and that everything looked really good.  She offered to buy us a new dresser for baby (she did that for both my sisters for their second children).  That is great because it is the one piece of furniture we will need.  She also offered to come down and help us paint the spare room so we can move DS in there and a few other rooms in the house that we still need to finish.

She said if I do end up having a c/s because of my tailbone issues, that it would be good because she would know exactly when she needed to come down to help out with DS and the house stuff while I deal with the baby and recovery.  If I end up not having a section, then the inlaws will help with DS and I'll have mom come after baby arrives.

Now I just have to wait for the shoe to drop with the inlaws.  DS was talking to his mom on the phone last night and I told him to tell her, but his ADD mind got sidetracked and he forgot to tell her.  I refuse to tell his parents.  He can tell them and deal with the "I hope you know what your are doing, you need to spend more time at home with your family, quit wasting money on sporting event tickets" stuff.  I had to deal with my mom, only fair he deals with his.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Well, Mom took it better than I expected...

• Great to hear that! Maybe the in laws will surprise you too.
    TTC #1 BFP 6/1/2011 blighted ovum d&c 7/15/11
    TTC #2 BFP 12/6/11 chemical pregnancy natural mc 12/18/11
    TTC #3 BFP 3/19/12. 4/9: HR of 134! **Bake Turkey, Bake!**
    **All ALs Welcome**
  • I am so glad she's being so supportive! Hopefully your in-laws will surprise you, too.

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats! I'm glad that your mom took it well, I know that you were worried about that. I'm sure you feel a big sense of relief. It's nice to know that your mom will be there for you when LO arrives. I hope that things go just as well with DH's parents.
  • That's a great reaction from your mom!  And yes I agree let dh deal with his own parents.  I hope they treat you well and maybe they will surprise you too.
    TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • I am glad to hear she responded well.  Fingers crossed that the in-laws surprise you too!
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Good, thats much better!!  She sounds like she really would like to help!
    imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BFP 6/12/11, MMC@ around 9wks, D&C 8/23/11 at 12wks BFP#2 Jan 2012 CP 1/19/12 **Miss you baby*** PGAL/PAL Very Welcome For I know the plans I have for you,
  • Glad it went well and I hope that the in-laws surprise you.
  • I'm glad things went with your mom okay.

My dh and I also use the divide and conquer approach.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Woohoo to your Mom taking it well. I hope the in laws do as well, and I agree that's DH's job to let them know. Less stress for you. Big Smile

BFP: 01/08/11 EDD: 09/15/11 Natural MC: 02/03/11
    BFP: 02/14/12 EDD: 10/26/12 D&C: 03/09/12
    BFP: 04.05.12 EDD: 12.17.12 Born 11.18.12 Jackson Kane 6lbs 5ounces

BFP: 06.08.13 EDD: 02.13.14 Baby Girl.. 2U2 Here we come

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttfdf7a.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Her response sounded understated, but still thoughtful.  Let us know what the other dropped shoe has to say :).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I bet that's a load off your mind! I hope your in-laws are supportive as well!
    Nicholas-lost at 16w 6/2011 BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am glad she took it so well! I am sure that is a load off your shoulders.
    BFP#1 12/18/10 EDD 8/28/11 | 2/14/11 discovered that our baby girl had anencephaly D&C 2/17/11 at 12.5 weeks | no O or AF post loss - Dx: AO + mild PCOS = secondary infertility Provera after 70 days = AF but no O | Provera + 50mg Clomid after 110 days = AF but no O 3 rounds of 100mg Clomid + Estrogen + Progesterone = mixed O results, all BFN hysteroscopy 1/6/12 - removed fibroid tissue injection cycle #1 - 75 IU follistim + ovidrel (triggered 2/9/12) + endometrin = BFP! EDD 11/3/12 | Beta @ 13dpo = 184, 17dpo = 993, 26dpo = >5000 IT'S TWIN BOYS!! Tommy and Charlie arrived on 9/10/12 after less than 6 hours of labor at 32 weeks Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • EveanynEveanyn member
    I'm glad she didn't take it poorly! It was a very nice gesture. I hope your ILs are at least as good as your mom. Let us know when the other shoe drops!
  • Thanks ladies. I'll be sure to tell you what the inlaws say.  I'm guessing they still haven't checked their email, because I've heard nothing yet.  I asked DH to tell them yesteday when he was talking to his mom, but her forgot (he is the definition of add). 

His parents are picking DS up from daycare tomorrow, so I had DH call to let them know he has to be picked up by 4:30 tomorrow and to tell them about the pg and HE F'n forgot again.  How the hell do you forget to tell your parents you are having another baby?  I just don't freakin get it.  He was at our NT scan, he saw the baby, he can see my bump, does he have to hold the baby before he remembers?  So frustrating.  When I asked him if he told them, he got all huffy because he forgot and told me to call them.  I said, they are your parents you tell them.  He was all "did you tell your mom", I said, yes I did, I spoke to her from work today.  Does he honestly think I would expect him to tell my mother, not bloody likely.  Grrr.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"