Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Ways to help

One of my best friends is due in about a month with her first child. I would like to give her a gift but more so help her out after she has the baby. I was thinking about making her dinners a couple times a week or something like that. I don't have children so I don't know what it's like those first couple weeks/months. What do you think would be a good way to help out? 

Thanks! 

Re: Ways to help

•  if u arent opposed to watching the little one while she naps, thats what I loved the most!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • dinners would be great - just be mindful of any allergies.  Or offer to run errands for her.  That's what I would've wanted.  I didn't really need/want anyone to watch my LO.
  • Loading the player...
  • eav2ceav2c member

imagejeffsjayme:
    dinners would be great - just be mindful of any allergies.  Or offer to run errands for her.  That's what I would've wanted.  I didn't really need/want anyone to watch my LO.

This this this!!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not having to cook the first two weeks we were home was the best for me. I also had family help me out with laundry and other chores.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Help with  making meals/ taking my credit card to the grocery was a huge help! Like HUGE! So was doing laundry and tidying up the house. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Lots of freezer meals, offer to do laundry/dishes, and watch the baby when it naps so your friend can relax. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • cltk12cltk12 member

imagemrs+harlow:
    Help with  making meals/ taking my credit card to the grocery was a huge help! Like HUGE! So was doing laundry and tidying up the house. 

This! Shopping and Laundry/Cleaning.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's really hard to get out of the house at first, so if you can offer to do her groceries, or even just pick up basics like bread and milk anytime you're stopping by it's a big help.

Dinner is a big help, but a big treat for me was when friends dropped round for a visit and brought me lunch. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• DGandDGDGandDG member
    I would have LOVED to have someone show up ready to vacuum and sweep my floors.
  • When my mom stayed, her thing was to help with the laundry. When my MIL came over she helped by sweeping, dishes, etc.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"