October 2011 Moms
Options

Can I try to entice you all to come to Miami? :)

I didn't read the cooterfest thread on GBCN, but think that you all were joking about coming to Miami.

However, what if I put together a list a really fun things we can do down here - will I be able to entice you all into coming down? I am a really good trip planner! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Can I try to entice you all to come to Miami? :)

• Options

Teaser:

Happy hour bar: Sunset Lounge. Laid back; pretty;  views of Biscayne Bay and downtown:

• Options

imageWoodsie:
    I wouldn't need much convincing to go to Miami! Can I sing "I'm in Miami biitch" without ridicule while I'm there?

It would be so fun!

That song is pretty much played on a loop in South Beach despite being 4 years old so no worries! I still love it!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Liz4444Liz4444 member
    At some point next year I will be forced to go to Palm Beach... I can detour
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options

imageWoodsie:
    I wouldn't need much convincing to go to Miami! Can I sing "I'm in Miami biitch" without ridicule while I'm there?

Yes This!

I've always wanted to visit.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageLiz4444:

Palm Beach isn't so bad! You must love Worth Avenue - although there has been a mess of construction there for the past year.

Are you staying in a hotel or a house? We should meet for a drink - I think we would have fun :) 

• Options
    imageSunburn19:

imageWoodsie:

Yes This!

I've always wanted to visit.

It's fun! 

• Options
    Liz4444Liz4444 member
    imageBrie2006:

imageLiz4444:

Palm Beach isn't so bad! You must love Worth Avenue - although there has been a mess of construction there for the past year.

Are you staying in a hotel or a house? We should meet for a drink - I think we would have fun :) 

My grandmother is down there half the year, she's a snow bird.  We stay with her, she needs to find a new place, she didn't like the people she rented from this year.  She just sold her apartment in Boca and declared that she is going to die soon and doesn't want to burden us so she'll just rent in PB.

We will definitely meet for a drink, I'll leave Li and DH with grandma... after spending time with her I definitely need alcohol!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options
    Liz4444Liz4444 member
    imageBrie2006:

imageLiz4444:

My grandmother is down there half the year, she's a snow bird.  We stay with her, she needs to find a new place, she didn't like the people she rented from this year.  She just sold her apartment in Boca and declared that she is going to die soon and doesn't want to burden us so she'll just rent in PB.

We will definitely meet for a drink, I'll leave Li and DH with grandma... after spending time with her I definitely need alcohol!

• Options
    Liz4444Liz4444 member
    imageMackalien13:
    imageLiz4444:
    imageBrie2006:

imageLiz4444:

I fail to see how leaving you with a condo in Florida is a burden.

FWIW, I would never joke about Cooterfest. 

My parents hate Florida, too many old people.  I don't think anyone besides my 2 cousins would ever use it.  She had the apartment in Boca that went unused for 3 years because grandpa couldn't travel.  She kept saying she would have kept it if any of us actually had gone down and used it, no one did. 

• Options
    imageLiz4444:
    imageMackalien13:
    imageLiz4444:
    imageBrie2006:

imageLiz4444:

My parents hate Florida, too many old people.  I don't think anyone besides my 2 cousins would ever use it.  She had the apartment in Boca that went unused for 3 years because grandpa couldn't travel.  She kept saying she would have kept it if any of us actually had gone down and used it, no one did. 

Boca is the worst! DH works in Boca. He fears for his life driving there on a daily basis. DH's great grandmother is a perfect example. She lived there and decided to stop driving at the age of 95.

True story:  Last summer I witnessed a three car Rolls Royce pile up in Palm Beach. Only in Palm Beach....

• Options
    With all the face eating going on, maybe we can get cheap flights. ;) In all seriousness though, I am coming down to Miami sometime next year for my sister's bachelorette party.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'm dating myself but the last time I was in Miami was when the song by Will Smith was popular, "Welcome to Miami".  Circa 2003, it was so much fun despite being stung by a jelly fish and having one if my girl friends pee on my leg!
  • Options
    Liz4444Liz4444 member
    imageBrie2006:
    imageLiz4444:
    imageMackalien13:
    imageLiz4444:
    imageBrie2006:

imageLiz4444:

Boca is the worst! DH works in Boca. He fears for his life driving there on a daily basis. DH's great grandmother is a perfect example. She lived there and decided to stop driving at the age of 95.

True story:  Last summer I witnessed a three car Rolls Royce pile up in Palm Beach. Only in Palm Beach....

Grandma flipped her Lexus into a ditch and somehow walked away completely unharmed and wonders why I refuse to get in the car with her driving.  She's 88, I told her she needs to get a driver, she refuses, she said she'll know when she needs to stop driving.  I told her we can't go back in time.

• Options
    Liz4444Liz4444 member
    imageMackalien13:
    imageLiz4444:
    imageBrie2006:
    imageLiz4444:
    imageMackalien13:
    imageLiz4444:
    imageBrie2006:

imageLiz4444:

Grandma flipped her Lexus into a ditch and somehow walked away completely unharmed and wonders why I refuse to get in the car with her driving.  She's 88, I told her she needs to get a driver, she refuses, she said she'll know when she needs to stop driving.  I told her we can't go back in time.

Either Lexus has some outstanding crash protection or Grandma was driving really slow. 

Who knows, she thinks she's a fantastic driver.  Meanwhile, tickets for running red lights keep showing up at the office.  My dad just pays them without telling her about them.

• Options
    H's grandparents also have a condo in palm beach. Last year was my first time visiting. It's pretty fabulous but fulllll of super old peoples. In regards to Miami-I don't need convincing. I will go!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"