December 2012 Moms
Options

Told the boss - odd reaction!

So I decided to tell my boss that I'm pg. I walked in his office and basically told him I'm pregnant. Well he didn't say much; haha..ok..haha! WTF??!! He was giggling awkward in a way and that's all he said. 

So then I was like it's early...ok and I walked out. 

I'm a little  confused and not sure how to feel. 

Ahhhh... thanks for listening.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Told the boss - odd reaction!

• Options
    hah, what?!  What kind of reaction is that?  I'd have asked him about it.  But that's me..
  • Options

imageKhrysty289:
    hah, what?!  What kind of reaction is that?  I'd have asked him about it.  But that's me..

And say what? Why did you react like that?  

It was a little unsettling . But then again he's kind of goofy and giggles at anything. I don't know!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

He giggled, because now he knows you put out.    Well that's what my DH would say.   That is an odd reaction.  Did you talk to him any more about it or get the chance to sit down and tell him the detail of when you EDD, if you plan on coming back, etc etc? 

BabyFruit Ticker Find your aim in life before you run out of ammunition. - anon http://s874.photobucket.com/albums/ab306/Nanner777/?action=view&current=baby.jpg
  • Options
    I would have asked "Why is that funny?" Just as simple as that.
  • Options
    mlangsmlangs member
    imagemnieciecki:

He giggled, because now he knows you put out.    Well that's what my DH would say.   That is an odd reaction.  Did you talk to him any more about it or get the chance to sit down and tell him the detail of when you EDD, if you plan on coming back, etc etc? 

That made me giggle

• Options
    imagemnieciecki:

LMAO!!! I think about that too sometimes when I'm telling people and it's funny as hell. But still, at least say congrats. 

This literally just happened about 15 minutes ago and it took like a few seconds.  I didn't get into detail because I just felt so awkward. I just walked out. Very strange!

• Options
    LuffJooLuffJoo member
    imagemnieciecki:

No really...was this an awkward reaction from someone who isnt used to the idea adults have sex and sometimes it results in babies???

SEX *heeheehee giggle giggle heehee* you said sex! <---I mean WTF seems like that kind of reaction...

Ask him for his autograph...you might have a real life 40 y/o virgin on your hands... 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageLuffJoo:
    imagemnieciecki:

No really...was this an awkward reaction from someone who isnt used to the idea adults have sex and sometimes it results in babies???

SEX *heeheehee giggle giggle heehee* you said sex! <---I mean WTF seems like that kind of reaction...

Ask him for his autograph...you might have a real life 40 y/o virgin on your hands... 

I mean the guy is married and has kids from what I've heard!!!  

• Options

I was throwing up a lot and early and was busted by my boss. I said "we need to talk" and his reaction was "congratulations? Was this planned or a surprise?" Hmm

Then I was continued to be so sick and couldn't do my job he was all "but Mrs.Bosslady neeeeeever got sick", suggesting that he couldn't understand why I was so sick if she wasn't. Confused Luckily, his partner and my other boss, was married to an doctor who did her fellowship in obstetrics; he was much more understanding.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    lmb5109lmb5109 member

Has he been a manager long? Seems childish.

Man am I glad I have a female boss with kids! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LadylecLadylec member

Who giggles at that? That is just a weird reaction. Maybe he was having one of those immature guy moments and was thinking "Boys have a penis and girls have a vagina." 

• Options
    I think he just didn't know what to say. Some people giggle when they feel anxious or nervous.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Options
    LuffJooLuffJoo member

imageJessAnnJ:
    I think he just didn't know what to say. Some people giggle when they feel anxious or nervous.

Whats to be nervous about?  Its not like she told him it was his or anything... 

• Options
    imageLuffJoo:

imageJessAnnJ:

Whats to be nervous about?  Its not like she told him it was his or anything... 

Some people just get nervous when they don't know what to say. It's an involuntary habit. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Options
    That IS weird. My boss cried when I told her.... but let me repeat, it was a "HER". Some guys just don't know what to say to a woman.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"