Pregnant after a Loss

Possible stupid question

Does the heat affect our LO's? 

I work in a kitchen where it's roughly 20 degrees hotter than whatever the outside temp is.  What's the boiling point of amniotic fluid?

Im crazy and well aware of that fact but I'm seriously worried that he's boiling in there. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Possible stupid question

• Rule of thumb keep your body temp under 101.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks... That's what I figured from the whole no hot tubs thing but when I googled what is the boiling point of amniotic fluid nothing came up. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLoveOfMikesLife:
    Thanks... That's what I figured from the whole no hot tubs thing but when I googled what is the boiling point of amniotic fluid nothing came up. 

That's probably a good thing, right?  ;)  101 for my body temperature is what I was told as well, and stay super well-hydrated!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • delinodelino member
    imageLoveOfMikesLife:
    Thanks... That's what I figured from the whole no hot tubs thing but when I googled what is the boiling point of amniotic fluid nothing came up. 
    And you say I'm crazy.
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • kokokatkokokat member
    I think if your body temp got to the point where the amniotic fluid was boiling, you'd be dead.  I think my major concern about working in a hot kitchen like that would be getting dehydrated from the heat.  Although I'm sure working in a hot kitchen raises your body temp somewhat, I doubt it would go as high as 101.  Just try to stay hydrated and take breaks to a cooler place to rest whenever you can!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Once touched by pain, you're not the same But time can heal your heart again So let the clouds that bring you down Just fade away...
  • EveanynEveanyn member

imagekokokat:
    I think if your body temp got to the point where the amniotic fluid was boiling, you'd be dead.  I think my major concern about working in a hot kitchen like that would be getting dehydrated from the heat.  Although I'm sure working in a hot kitchen raises your body temp somewhat, I doubt it would go as high as 101.  Just try to stay hydrated and take breaks to a cooler place to rest whenever you can!

This. Water can also keep you from a little bit of the PgAL craziness--some, not all.

• If I understand it correctly the amniotic fluid is somehow temperature controlled. I'm not sure what does it but I thought I read that somewhere :) it's not crazy to wonder things like this tho :) 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Everyone already covered the watch your core temp thing, but I wanted to chime in and say that I noticed with D on the hot days that he'd be lethargic.  If I felt like I was melting in the heat he'd barely move, stick me in some ac and he'd be back at it. 

You aren't gonna boil him in there, but do watch your core temp and make sure you are staying hydrated.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"