August 2012 Moms

My doc's office has awesome timing.

Just called to tell me I do not have GD, but I am glucose intolerant. I have to cut out juice, pop and candy. She called as I was eating sour patch kids and drinking some cherry coke zero. haha. Funny because when she called to say my levels were high after the one hour test, I just happened to be eating a cupcake. Apparently, sweets are my thing!!

Ahh...gonna be a long 3 months! Just glad I don't have GD! Probably good for me to cut that junk out now anyway.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My doc's office has awesome timing.

• imageJnmac83:

Just called to tell me I do not have GD, but I am glucose intolerant. I have to cut out juice, pop and candy. She called as I was eating sour patch kids and drinking some cherry coke zero. haha. Funny because when she called to say my levels were high after the one hour test, I just happened to be eating a cupcake. Apparently, sweets are my thing!!

Ahh...gonna be a long 3 months! Just glad I don't have GD! Probably good for me to cut that junk out now anyway.

I have been loving sour patch kids recently!! Sorry you have to cut out the sweets. I have a bad sweet tooth too, so I feel for you. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Awesome!  I remember reading your cupcake one and it gave me a laugh.  FYI - you shouldn't have to cut out the Coke Zero.  I have GD and I can still have one of those if I want.  She just suggested I have it in the early afternoon.  I don't care for it, she was suggesting it to replace the 1 can of coke I was having to prevent headaches.
    image Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Jnmac83Jnmac83 member

imageshanns81:
    Awesome!  I remember reading your cupcake one and it gave me a laugh.  FYI - you shouldn't have to cut out the Coke Zero.  I have GD and I can still have one of those if I want.  She just suggested I have it in the early afternoon.  I don't care for it, she was suggesting it to replace the 1 can of coke I was having to prevent headaches.

Oooooh, good to know!! Thanks!

• Jnmac83Jnmac83 member

imageshanns81:
    Awesome!  I remember reading your cupcake one and it gave me a laugh.  FYI - you shouldn't have to cut out the Coke Zero.  I have GD and I can still have one of those if I want.  She just suggested I have it in the early afternoon.  I don't care for it, she was suggesting it to replace the 1 can of coke I was having to prevent headaches.

• imageJnmac83:

imageshanns81:

If I were you I would do some research on aspartame. Not because of GD but just because it's a fairly nasty chemical. I'm sure the GD will cause you to re-examine the junk food habit and maybe cutting out chemicals like that will be part of your choice. Whole, natural, nutritious foods will make you and baby feel so much better. 

• Wait, sorry, I did read your post, not technical GD, excuse my mistake, but the dietary issues you are having.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"