August 2012 Moms

I have a ? for the bacon haters

Do you hate pancetta and prosciutto too?    

I can't decide if it is better for you to hate all bacon related foods or to just be a bacon racist. I could not live without the meat candy food group; the pig is a magical wonderful animal.

Re: I have a ? for the bacon haters

• I havent had either purely because I know what it is. I dont like candian bacon unless it's buried deep under a meat lovers pizza. Nor ham...*gag*. I will cook it but dont eat it. The only thing I eat is pork chops about once every 3-5 months...not really a pig fan. And I am not a hater...just not into pig :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't eat pork at all...I don't know if you think that's good or bad!  Although I can tell you that coming from a very Italian foodie family, not eating pancetta and prosciutto is far worse than not eating bacon, lol!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • imageC_mo:
    I have not heard of the foods you speak of.

What the what!  

This is pancetta. You normally chop it up and put it in pasta, it is basically Italian bacon. 

This is Proscuitto wrap melon. It is dry cured ham that is usually served raw. 

Heaven I tell you. It is almost better than bacon.  

ETA: posted the same picture for both 

• LynballLynball member

Nope, I do not care for or eat any part of pig, aside from maybe pepperoni.  I disliked bacon before the pork trauma I suffered (long story, lol) because it is the smoky taste I don't like.  This also goes for turkey bacon... what ever it's made of I just don't go for it. 

Piggies are yucky, sorry.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageLynball:

Nope, I do not care for or eat any part of pig, aside from maybe pepperoni.  I disliked bacon before the pork trauma I suffered (long story, lol) because it is the smoky taste I don't like.  This also goes for turkey bacon... what ever it's made of I just don't go for it. 

Piggies are yucky, sorry.

I dont eat turkey bacon either...

• megmb24megmb24 member
    Chicken is the only meat I eat. Those pictures made me gag. I always thought I was the only one who didn't eat bacon, but there seems to be lots.
  • I could probably eat dog food wrapped in prosciutto and it would be amazing. Pig = heaven.  We had a pig roast for our wedding. It was amazing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic C 5.14.08 c 8.9.12 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageChibiMommy:

imageC_mo:
    I have not heard of the foods you speak of.

What the what!  

This is pancetta. You normally chop it up and put it in pasta, it is basically Italian bacon. 

This is Proscuitto wrap melon. It is dry cured ham that is usually served raw. 

Heaven I tell you. It is almost better than bacon.  

ETA: posted the same picture for both 

I've never tried the melon and proscuitto. I should...that looks amazing. 

image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Bacon = pure heaven
  • I love all things bacon. I do not however consider prosciutto bacon! Stick out tongue
    "When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies." Sir James Barrie in Peter Pan

DS: 11/1/2010    DD: 8/9/2012       #3: 4/2019
  • imagelady_tytah:
    imageLynball:

This also goes for turkey bacon... what ever it's made of I just don't go for it. 

I don't eat turkey bacon either...

That's because turkey bacon is not bacon, it's sh&*&&^*^t

"When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies." Sir James Barrie in Peter Pan

DS: 11/1/2010    DD: 8/9/2012       #3: 4/2019
  • I am really not a fan of pork, but Iove bacon and ham; crazy, but to me, pork roast/pork chops/etc are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than bacon and sliced ham.

I really wish I could offer a logical explanation for this. 

Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • babyikebabyike member

imageShamber2010:

Pure awesomeness.  Thank you for sharing this. 

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• imagepunkrockabye:

I am really not a fan of pork, but Iove bacon and ham; crazy, but to me, pork roast/pork chops/etc are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than bacon and sliced ham.

I really wish I could offer a logical explanation for this. 

I'm the opposite. I love any other pig product but you couldn't pay me to touch ham. Blech I just can't stand it. It always seems over cooked.  

Merri- Prosciutto is some mystical in between. I know it is technically ham but it is so magically greasy and thinly sliced it just melts on your tongue.  I LURVE it.  I included it in my list because it is really fatty like bacon.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"