September 2012 Moms

Chicco Key Fit 30?

I haven't done much research but I really only have a few options availble to go into my tiny car (4 door Ford Fiesta Hatchback). I didn't want to spend an obscene amount of money on a travel system since I don't know how often I will actually use the stroller portion. Is this a pretty good carseat? I was able to get the new 2012 model cortina travel system with the Chicco KeyFit 30 for $238 at BRU.
26 yr old single mama to Violet Jane, Worker Drone to the Man and perpetual student. Image and video hosting by TinyPic9/7/2012
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic 1 week old

Re: Chicco Key Fit 30?

• hmp1hmp1 member
    Yes, that is a good carseat. I can't tell from your post if you already purchased it, you might consider buying the carseat new and the stroller used. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• imagebakingkitty:
    I haven't done much research but I really only have a few options availble to go into my tiny car (4 door Ford Fiesta Hatchback). I didn't want to spend an obscene amount of money on a travel system since I don't know how often I will actually use the stroller portion. Is this a pretty good carseat? I was able to get the new 2012 model cortina travel system with the Chicco KeyFit 30 for $238 at BRU.

Thats the carseat I chose based on Consumers Report rating it number 1 in safety and value.

• Loading the player...
  • I did purchase it last night because of the price. I just really didn't know much about it, other than being a brand that I have heard tossed around quite a bit. I didn't really think about buying the carseat and stroller seperately!
    26 yr old single mama to Violet Jane, Worker Drone to the Man and perpetual student. Image and video hosting by TinyPic9/7/2012
  • hmp1hmp1 member

imagebakingkitty:
    I did purchase it last night because of the price. I just really didn't know much about it, other than being a brand that I have heard tossed around quite a bit. I didn't really think about buying the carseat and stroller seperately!

No worries, that seems like a really good price anyway. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• samk213samk213 member
    We had the Chicco Key Fit 30 for DS and will use it for DD as well.  I didn't get the stroller, rather used a Snap N Go base with it.
  • PokedotPokedot member

We are registered for this and everything I've read says its the best. We didn't do the travel system because of the time of year LO will be born. We won't be needing a hefty stroller during the winter months here (tons of snow). We registered for the Chicco Key Fit Stroller Caddy too to get us through the winter without spending a fortune!

• skyejoskyejo member

imagesamk213:
    We had the Chicco Key Fit 30 for DS and will use it for DD as well.  I didn't get the stroller, rather used a Snap N Go base with it.

Same here.

• This is what we are registered for also. We didn't do the travel system because we really wanted the City Mini, so we will use the car seat adapter with the CKF30 until he can go in the city mini without the carseat.
    Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • mom2skhmom2skh member
    I loved the car seat. Very easy to use, install, and has great safety ratings. We are reusing DD1's for this new baby.  I used the stroller with DD in the car seat for the first probably 6 months. After that she was outgrowing the  car seat and I started putting her directly in the jogging stroller, which she and I both seemed to prefer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're getting this Travel system from BRU, it's $349, I have a 20% off coupon and a $250 GC that I got when we bought the Crib and Dresser through their promo, so it's going to cost a whopping $30.00 =) 
    chasechristmas

Chase Matthew born at 35 weeks on July 31st

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• imagedownwardsunshine:
    We're getting this Travel system from BRU, it's $349, I have a 20% off coupon and a $250 GC that I got when we bought the Crib and Dresser through their promo, so it's going to cost a whopping $30.00 =) 

Also I don't know if this deal is still going on but, I was in BRU last week if you bought a Chicco Travel system you got a free car seat base. (additional to the one that comes with the travel system)

Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • I used this cars eat and loved it! I especially loved the fabric.  It is easy to clean and dries fast.  
  • imagejedaniel:

imagedownwardsunshine:
    We're getting this Travel system from BRU, it's $349, I have a 20% off coupon and a $250 GC that I got when we bought the Crib and Dresser through their promo, so it's going to cost a whopping $30.00 =) 

Also I don't know if this deal is still going on but, I was in BRU last week if you bought a Chicco Travel system you got a free car seat base. (additional to the one that comes with the travel system)

That promote is not still going but depending on the color, BRU has the Gemini on sale for $264 plus we got 10% off for using military discount. So it brought it down to $238.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"