Babies: 0 - 3 Months

how long does your newborn sleep?

It seems like Connor is never awake.  He nurses, falls asleep, I wake him up to nurse, he falls asleep... no jaundice, pedi says he is healthy and now is gaining weight.  Just wondering, how much does/did your newborn sleep?

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                     BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
      BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                               BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

Re: how long does your newborn sleep?

• My DS does the same thing. He sleeps pretty much all day long. When he does wake up I try to keep him up and not feed him as long as possible before I feed him and he falls a sleep to try and interact with him more. But that is not always so easy.
  • He's doing exactly what he is supposed to do... eat and sleep. Don't try and keep him up, that will only result in an upset baby. Let him sleep!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • cltk12cltk12 member
    My son is 3 weeks old today.  For the first 2.5 weeks, he slept all the time, unless he was eating. (ENJOY IT!)  At 2.5 weeks, he started to be awake for 1-2 hours after each feeding during the day and 20 or so minutues after each feeding at night.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageimimahoney:
    He's doing exactly what he is supposed to do... eat and sleep. Don't try and keep him up, that will only result in an upset baby. Let him sleep!

This!

• imageimimahoney:
    He's doing exactly what he is supposed to do... eat and sleep. Don't try and keep him up, that will only result in an upset baby. Let him sleep!

This. At less than one week that's all they do ---sleep and eat and poo and pee. Don't try to keep him awake because he will become a cranky mess. I still don't let L go over 75 minutes of being awake or he becomes a fire-breathing over tired dragon baby,

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • At that age, all they do is eat, pee, poop and sleep. Enjoy it while you can! My DD is 8 weeks old and I'm lucky if I get three one hour naps out of her each day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • BAby is 3 weeks and 5 days old and from 7:30 in the morning, he is awake until 6:30 in the evening. He takes occasional 30 minute to one hour naps, but he is pretty wide awake for a good 6 to 7 hours, and for a good 3 hours in a row. Needless to say, no rest for me at night OR in the day!
  • imageIttyBittyBee:
    At that age, all they do is eat, pee, poop and sleep. Enjoy it while you can! My DD is 8 weeks old and I'm lucky if I get three one hour naps out of her each day.
    Kingsley Kennedy Wolff born March 16, 2012!!!
  • imageIttyBittyBee:
    At that age, all they do is eat, pee, poop and sleep. Enjoy it while you can! My DD is 8 weeks old and I'm lucky if I get three one hour naps out of her each day.
  • imageIttyBittyBee:

Exactly this. Mine slept non stop for the first 2 wks, I thought I had it made and boy was I in for a shocker! My LG JUST started sleeping more than 3 hr stretches at night....she is 11 wks

• Mine is 6 days old too. He has some awake time in the late morning and in the early evening. The rest of the time all he does is eat and sleep. 
  • gwennecgwennec member
    Newborns usually sleep A LOT during the first 2 weeks, so totally normal. Enjoy it while you can, it will probably not last unfortunately.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone! I'm absolutely not waking him up unless he has gone 3 hours without food.  Guess I'll try to nap now since he's sleeping again!   

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"