Trying to Get Pregnant

BBT confusion and frusterated :/

I started my menstrual cycle on Monday 5/28 and didnt start temping untill 5/30. My temp for yesterday morning was 96degrees and this monring was 97.04 degrees. That doesnt seem right..or maybe Im just not understanding the temping thing. It sounds easier than it really is, or im looking way to into. Any help or advice would be great thanks!

Re: BBT confusion and frusterated :/

• If you are a mouth-breather that might have affected it....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageKurstyn26:
    I started my menstrual cycle on Monday 5/28 and didnt start temping untill 5/30. My temp for yesterday morning was 96degrees and this monring was 97.04 degrees. That doesnt seem right..or maybe Im just not understanding the temping thing. It sounds easier than it really is, or im looking way to into. Any help or advice would be great thanks!

yeah, sometimes I am. what change would i be looking for though? if I was a straight 96 degrees I would be looking for just a slight change to 96.4?

• Loading the player...
  • I think I have read that temps can be all over the place during AF. Hopefully someone with more experience will confirm. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Mouth breathing can actually swing the temps quite a bit. On a normal day, I fluctuate between 1/4-1/2 a degree some times. Only times I get giant jumps (degree or more) is when right after O and on CD1. But everyone is different so your pattern could have bigger/smaller fluctuations, what you want to look at is the overall trend, not the individual numbers.
    imageimage
    BFP # 1- DS ~ TTC #2 since Jan. 2012 - BFP # 2 - "Baby Elsie" - Blighted Ovum - D&C August 22, 2012 at 7w3d, BFP # 3 - CP - December 30, 2012, BFP # 4 - CP - March 19, 2013 ~ First RE Appt. 4/24/13 Med cycle #1: 50mg Clomid and Trigger shot = BFN. Med. Cycle #2: 6 cysts found. No meds/rest cycle. Trying on our own = BFP # 5! Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 129 Beta #3 = 94 - CP - July 2, 2013. BFP # 6! Beta#1 = 21, Beta#2 =58 Beta#3 = 134. U/S shows heartbeat of 142 at 7w2d!
  • imageHenHen25:
    Mouth breathing can actually swing the temps quite a bit. On a normal day, I fluctuate between 1/4-1/2 a degree some times. Only times I get giant jumps (degree or more) is when right after O and on CD1. But everyone is different so your pattern could have bigger/smaller fluctuations, what you want to look at is the overall trend, not the individual numbers.

I agree, especially with looking at the overall trend of temps, not just a few temps. Also are you temping during AF? I know most people don't; I don't. My opinion is there really isn't a point in temping during that time. 

Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • imageHenHen25:
    Mouth breathing can actually swing the temps quite a bit. On a normal day, I fluctuate between 1/4-1/2 a degree some times. Only times I get giant jumps (degree or more) is when right after O and on CD1. But everyone is different so your pattern could have bigger/smaller fluctuations, what you want to look at is the overall trend, not the individual numbers.

Thank you!

• imagenovelblessings:

imageHenHen25:

I agree, especially with looking at the overall trend of temps, not just a few temps. Also are you temping during AF? I know most people don't; I don't. My opinion is there really isn't a point in temping during that time. 

Yes I am temping durning AF...I never thought of it that way. AF should be wrapping up tomorrow. Maybe I will start then. Thank you!
  • imagenovelblessings:

imageHenHen25:

Yes I am temping durning AF...I never thought of it that way. AF should be wrapping up tomorrow. Maybe I will start then. Thank you!
  • imageKurstyn26:
    imagenovelblessings:

imageHenHen25:

I agree, the only reason I temp during my period is to keep it a daily habit.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"