Babies: 3 - 6 Months

LO hates the car!

I started work this week.  My job is 45 minutes away and, thankfully, I drop LO off at my mom's which is on the way...but still about a 25 minute drive from my house.  I have to do this commute twice a day, 5 days a week.  And LO HATES the car.  Sometimes I get lucky and he falls asleep within about 5 minutes...but most times he screams bloody murder and cries so hard he starts choking on his own saliva!  All while I am driving and their is nothing I can do!  Yesterday was so bad I had to get off the freeway, stop and go back there to soothe him for a couple minutes and he still cried and cried.

Any advice??!?!  There is absolutely no other way I can do this because my mom does not have a car and I have to drive to drop him off there!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: LO hates the car!

• vszappvszapp member
    Maybe try a convertible car seat? My DD hates the car seat too, and I think it's because of her reflux. Perhaps you could borrow one to try and see if he's any better? We bought a britax and so far DD does much better in it. GL!

• My LO has hated the car since the hospital ride home. As much as I didnt want her to watch TV yet, I couldnt take the screaming on our daily trips. I purchased a portable DVD player and Sing a long Elmo DVD. She loves it. No worries from my 4 mnth yr old. It helped so much we are planning our first drive to NY (14 hr away) in 2 wks .

Good Luck, I know how stressfull it can be.

• Loading the player...
  • imageKRISTENRUSSELL01:

My LO has hated the car since the hospital ride home. As much as I didnt want her to watch TV yet, I couldnt take the screaming on our daily trips. I purchased a portable DVD player and Sing a long Elmo DVD. She loves it. No worries from my 4 mnth yr old. It helped so much we are planning our first drive to NY (14 hr away) in 2 wks .

Good Luck, I know how stressfull it can be.

I broke down and started putting the DVD player on too.  It was that or literally pull over every five minutes bc he would choke and gag.  It works and now he sometimes doesn't cry and I leave it off..I'm sure im creating a monster but I was at a loss. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • just bought a DVD player online at Best Buy and am going to pick it up after work.  I am willing to try anything at this point.  Hope it works!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I want to get one but how does it work on a car in the rear middle sear with no headrest to mount it to. Maybe a dumb question but is there a way to work it?
  • imageMegM2012:
    I want to get one but how does it work on a car in the rear middle sear with no headrest to mount it to. Maybe a dumb question but is there a way to work it?

Ohhh I'm not sure about that. Ours is built in to the center of the suv and LO can see it in the mirror that hangs above his seat. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"