June 2011 Moms
Options

Fun find at Target (1st Bday Party Related)

Last week the Target by my work was stocking the Summer Entertaining serveware, etc. and I noticed some that looked like they'd be fun for Ty's VHC party.

Today I went to get a broom (DH used ours to sweep fertilizer off the driveway so I had no broom!), and decided to pick up some of the entertaining pieces I liked (a platter and a table cloth for our patio table.)  Anyway, they had paper plates and napkins to match when I was there!  I really didn't want to get plain ones, but was planning on it (in various colors to match the decor I'm going with), but when I saw these I couldn't pass them up.

They didn't have enough so my MIL is stopping at a Target on her way home (wow, literally just got a text from her that she's going now!), and BFF is going to look while she's at ANOTHER Target today!  

I have no idea why I'm so excited about this!  Probably because this is exactly what I was looking for!  I took a pic from my trunk to show MIL and BFF... excuse the wool coat that's been in there for months!  My trunk is in need of a cleaning!

Re: Fun find at Target (1st Bday Party Related)

• Options
    Cute, cute!  Gotta love the Target dance.  I've done it many times, lol.  Hope you get as many as you need!

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Options

imageamberpro:
    Cute, cute!  Gotta love the Target dance.  I've done it many times, lol.  Hope you get as many as you need!

I have enough dinner plates, and a good amount of napkins, but they also had dessert plates and napkins (or at least a spot for them), so fingers crossed.  If not I'll just get red, green, yellow and blue solid, which is what I planned to do in the first place for all of it.

Oh, and forgot to mention - I also got Ty a beach ball that matches! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh, I love those! I wish I had seen them at my Target. Our theme is curious george, and colors are primary colors. That would have been perfect. I got plain blue already, though, so oh well. Great find, though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Girl I came so close to buying a bunch of the same set for our party but the hubby was with me and nixed the idea.  I added my reciepts this morning and I have spent over 500 bucks on this party and that doesnt include any food!  So maybe this time he was right.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Very cool! I love Target. I picked up little wind-up dophins to give out as favors. I don't have enough, but I'll go back and check again to see if they restock. They also had starfish little cardboard buckets in the dollar section. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • Options
    how cute!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Rainbow baby, EDD 7/8/14, missed miscarriage 12/5/13. 
  • Options

imageThe_Birds_04:
    Girl I came so close to buying a bunch of the same set for our party but the hubby was with me and nixed the idea.  I added my reciepts this morning and I have spent over 500 bucks on this party and that doesnt include any food!  So maybe this time he was right.

Oh man, I have no idea how much I've spent.  I've been buying things here and there.  I'd say I've spent about $200, but I still have 23 days until his party, so there's a lot more to spend!  

To cut costs on food, I'm asking mom and MIL to bring some of the more expensive stuff that adds up!   

• Options
    imageTelly21182:

imageThe_Birds_04:

Oh man, I have no idea how much I've spent.  I've been buying things here and there.  I'd say I've spent about $200, but I still have 23 days until his party, so there's a lot more to spend!  

To cut costs on food, I'm asking mom and MIL to bring some of the more expensive stuff that adds up!   

Our menu isnt very extensive but we have 52 RSVP's so I am thinking its gonna be another $250 with the cupcake cake included. In my defense I bought all glass serving dishes.  I got quite a few platters, bowls, a two drink dispenser that we can use for other occasions too.  So that was roughly $150 and I would consider that an investment rather than a party expense.  Or at least thats my story when the hubby sees all the stuff at the party.  Tongue Tied

• Options
    imageThe_Birds_04:
    imageTelly21182:

imageThe_Birds_04:

Our menu isnt very extensive but we have 52 RSVP's so I am thinking its gonna be another $250 with the cupcake cake included. In my defense I bought all glass serving dishes.  I got quite a few platters, bowls, a two drink dispenser that we can use for other occasions too.  So that was roughly $150 and I would consider that an investment rather than a party expense.  Or at least thats my story when the hubby sees all the stuff at the party.  Tongue Tied

So far we have 35, but we still have 15 families we need to hear from.  When looking at my list I'm estimating about 60-65 people.  It better be nice that day - we don't have a big house!

I definitely consider platters and stuff an investment.  Some of the stuff I've gotten is an investment as well.  Everything I've gotten can be used again (minus paper products, and we can still use leftovers on lazy days!).  

• Options
    Love those!  Wish they had those there when I was shopping for VHC.  Did you know Target actually used to carry VHC themed plates and stuff?   I'm so sad they discontinued it :( 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

OP, these are the things that make me so excited I can hardly contain myself.  That is how lame I am...but when I come across something like that that I didn't expect and that works perfectly, I'm over the moon.

imageThe_Birds_04:
    imageTelly21182:

imageThe_Birds_04:

I did this a lot with DS1's party.  A galvanized tub for drinks, a drink dispenser, and a tent (yes, a giant white tent) that we'll be using again this time.  I'm all abt labeling things as investments. Stick out tongue

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagecassoppea:
    Love those!  Wish they had those there when I was shopping for VHC.  Did you know Target actually used to carry VHC themed plates and stuff?   I'm so sad they discontinued it :( 

I saw that on something I found on Pinterest.  I looked at every target I went to hoping I'd find it, though knowing I wouldn't :( 

• Options
    How perfect are those! So cute!
  • Options
    Great find!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"