October 2012 Moms
Options

Weight gain

Pre pregnancy I weighed 138 pounds, by 12 weeks I weighed 130. I was hoping it was just the morning sickness causing the weight loss. I stayed at 130 until I was a little over 20 weeks. I weighed myself today and was 135 pounds! Which I am very happy about since I do have a little baby growing inside of me. I was just wondering if I would count those 5 pounds as weight gain, or if I should start counting when I get to 138? Since I lost and then gained.. also those 5 pounds came in a matter of one week! Not sure if it's healthy, maybe my body is just catching up now. I haven't changed my diet at all. 

Re: Weight gain

• Options
    I don't think it really matters. As long as your doctor isn't concerned, you shouldn't be either. I lost 8 lbs after I found out I was pregnant, but have gained that all back plus 17 lbs. It's a lot... but regardless, I just count it as a 25 lb gain. I need to get it into my head that I've gained that much so that I can mentally convince myself to resist stuffing my face and slow down the gain.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"