June 2011 Moms

Using Vinegar on CD?

So when H woke up this morning his diaper reeked of ammonia and I was reading that using white distilled vinegar will help get the smell out. I am just unsure of how much and which rinse/wash cycle to use it. Any help would be super appreciated! Thanks ahead time!! :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Using Vinegar on CD?

• We've been having that problem, too, and when I was looking up vinegar I found this on DiaperPin:

VINEGAR IN THE WASHMany parents have complained that using vinegar in the wash leaves their diapers remaining smelly. Actually it is more effective to use baking soda in the wash and add vinegar to the rinse. See our washing recommendations for more information.

✯             ✯              ✯          ✯               ✯     ✯             ✯         ✯     ✯          ✯                   
  • I sprinkle baking soda directly on the diapers in the basin and then add vinegar to the fabric softener spot- I just fill it up. I'd say I use 1-2 tblspoons baking soda, but I just sprinkle it, so I'm not 100% sure. Always makes the diapers clean and fresh! I do it about twice a month or if we notice odor.
  • Loading the player...
  • The reason some say no to vinegar is because if you have hard water, it can react with the minerals in the water and cause even more build up and stink issues.  See here: https://www.diaperpincorner.com/2002/01/vinegar-in-your-cloth-diaper-wash/

I use it occasionally, though I do not have hard water.  Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"