Natural Birth
Options

gift or thank you to midwife?

I am feeling like I should thank my midwife and/or the practice that I worked with. I have my 4 week post partum appointment in a couple of weeks and would love to do something. Did you do something for your dr/midwife/practice after your birth? What did you do?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: gift or thank you to midwife?

• Options
    caralckcaralck member
    I think a nice thank you card with a photo of the baby usually is a nice gesture.  Or you could bake something or take some treats from bakery if you don't want to do the baking yourself.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    As pp suggested,I write a nice card and enclose a photo of the baby.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a knitter and so is my midwife so I knit her a few dishcloths. She was ecstatic and still talks about them every time I see her.  
  • Options
    drpaynedrpayne member
    I just sent one of LO's birth announcements to the birthing center and wrote a nice note.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We give her eggs, strawberries, raspberries and other things from our garden.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm going to do something crafty with a mason jar, bath salts, and sky's birth announcement. I'm also taking a birth announcement to the birth center for them to put on their wall of baby pictures. 

If I had the money I'd give at least the midwife who delivered my daughter a certificate for a massage. They wake up in the middle of the night and stay up for days helping us through the most painful experience we go through, they deserve some relaxation. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I gave her a gift cert for a massage.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"