April 2012 Moms

Mirena

I got Mirena 5w1d after my daughter was born. I started bleeding a week after insertion and have been bleeding for 2 weeks now. The strings feel a little longer, but my cervix feels shorter so I guess that would make sense. I got this thing so I would have to worry about birth control, but now it seems like I'm constantly stressing over it. I'm tired of bleeding and worrying if it is still in the correct place. I really want to have it taken out but I keep telling myself to give my body time to adjust. Anyone else have it and have these issues/concerns? We moved from New Orleans back to Philadelphia since it was placed so I can't see the dr that put it in and the dr here can't get me in for a few weeks to check placement and give me peace of mind...ahhhh I hate birth control! Just needed to vent!  

Re: Mirena

• bethiosbethios member
    Hmm I was told I couldn't get it until ten weeks because a risk of complications if it goes in before then.
  • imagebethios:
    Hmm I was told I couldn't get it until ten weeks because a risk of complications if it goes in before then.

This dr normally does it at the 6wk check up but I would be moving before then so he agreed to do it at 5 week. Since I was already down to my pp weight and my uterus was back to normal size, he said the a week earlier wouldn't make a difference.  

• Loading the player...
  • I hear ya..got mine on 5/9, spotted for a week and have been bleeding more like a period for two. I can't feel my strings but dr said I prob wouldnt be able to since my cervix is very high. My follow up is in middle of June. I want it taken out but will give it another month or so but I'm so over it. Dh and I haven't had any sexy time, I hate bleeding and messing around. We might just suck it up and do t though, we are both ready!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • When i had my  mirena after ds1, i spotted/bled off and on for a couple of months.  then i didnt have a period until i had it removed last march at the 5 year mark.  stick with it,  it does get better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"