3rd Trimester

Photoshopping Maternity pics? Clicky Poll

Hey Ladies, I'm just starting out 3rd Tri and have my maternity pics coming up in a couple weeks. I have not been one of the lucky ones and have quite a few dark red stretchmarks on my lower tummy. I'm trying to decide if I should go the "i'm proud of my tiger stripes" route and leave them in, or photoshop them out. WWYD?

[Poll]
Married 5.16.10 Kaia Helene born 8.23.12 Soren Noble due 1.20.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Photoshopping Maternity pics? Clicky Poll

• wear a shirt?  half naked maternity pics are ridic
    Gretchen Evie, born 7/8/2012 at 35w5d
  • imagepugznploons:
    wear a shirt?  half naked maternity pics are ridic

Yes

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • Loading the player...
  • You should photoshop the ultrasound pic over your belly. Like a window. It would cover the stretch marks.
  • Definately photoshop them out. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagepugznploons:

YesYes

• imageshmeell25:

imagepugznploons:

Gotta agree with this. They are rarely tastefully done IMO 

Touche! Wasn't planning on having any half naked ones and i'm not sold on baring any skin at all really (shirt up over the belly if anything at all), just curious to see what the masses had to say.

• imagejfresh:

imageexpletive baby:
    You should photoshop the ultrasound pic over your belly. Like a window. It would cover the stretch marks.

Lol

Only if my hands are forming a heart around it...

• imagejhunter89:
    imagejfresh:

imageexpletive baby:
    You should photoshop the ultrasound pic over your belly. Like a window. It would cover the stretch marks.

Lol

WELL, OBVIOUSLY. 

• I wore a clingy dress and my belly button was so noticeable in some of them and it bothered me, so I photoshopped it out:)

• imageexpletive baby:
    imagejhunter89:
    imagejfresh:

imageexpletive baby:

Lol

WELL, OBVIOUSLY. 

I should probably use a 3D picture for it too, one that's most definitely not in proportion to my stomach. Oh yeah, this is going to be nice, i'm calling my mom's aunt's daughter-in-law who has a nice camera and needs to build up her portfolio right now!!

• All model photo-shoots for ads and magazines are photoshopped. Yes they start with a pretty good looking model to start with, but the final product is a far representation of the model... so, if your having professional pictures taken... go for it.
    Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
  • SGC29SGC29 member

OP I like that you have a good sense of humor about it, ha.

If you are planning on doing a few where your shirt is raised and you'd prefer, just ask the photographer if they can lighten or remove the marks. I have a few on my stomach and if it were me I'd want them removed. Just personal preference though.

I like the idea of just keeping it all covered though in a maternity shoot. 

• I did one bare belly pic my first pregnancy and totally photoshopped those stretch marks.

It was a close up photo of just the belly - no boobs or legs even visible.

I dunno - I just wanted one good pic of my gigantic belly. I figure if I hated it I wouldn't have to buy it. It actually turned out pretty - I had a good photographer that knew how to do stuff with lighting. I have a very small 4x6 print of it in my son's nursery now along with some other photos on the shelf.  

image > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejhunter89:
    imageshmeell25:

imagepugznploons:

Touche! Wasn't planning on having any half naked ones and i'm not sold on baring any skin at all really (shirt up over the belly if anything at all), just curious to see what the masses had to say.

I wasn't sold on naked belly shots, but I let the photographer do a couple, just to see how they turned out.  We loved all of our photos except those ones, and I don't have any stretch marks. 

"Today I will be happier than a bird with a french fry."
  • his_skyhis_sky member
    Long time lurker here. :) Why not do both? Have a copy that is photoshopped and one that is not, that way you can remember what your belly really looked like privately, and have nicer photoshopped photos to display.
  • I have stretch marks, linea negra, AND a hairy belly (gotta love those hormones). Shallow as it may be, I want that nastiness gone!
    ~ Mrs. G
  • jw87jw87 member
    I think it's a personal decision.  I'm actually a photographer and the women who want to show their belly normally do not have any stretch marks. 

However, I'm one of those lucky ones who has a million (well had a million with my first son) and I did half naked maternity pics (guess I'm ridiculous? lol...) but it was BEFORE I got huge, and I love the photo.  I also took a personal photo of myself very close to the end with massive stretch marks just to remember, it's crazy to look at it now.  Of course that's in the baby book but not out on display.  If you're okay with it, then go for it.  It's your body and it's what you want to remember/not remember, just make sure you let your photographer know. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejhunter89:
    imageshmeell25:

imagepugznploons:

If you want to have photos that show your bare belly (photoshopped or not) do it. Don't let a bunch of Internet strangers discourage you. I never took any photos of my belly last time I was pregnant and I wish that I had. Also, I love your daughters name. I have a 3 year old named Kaya Holiday and we get so many compliments on her name.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"