April 2012 Moms
Options

Has this happened to you yet?

My LO was at my parents house while I was out on a few errands. I was getting my toe nails done for the wedding I'm in this weekend.

One of the guys working there asks "when are you due?"

It took me a second to realize what he was asking and I calmly said "Um I already had her, she's 5 and a half weeks old."

Seriously I know my belly hasn't gone down very much but it's not that big.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Has this happened to you yet?

• Options
    imageHeatherNBen:

My LO was at my parents house while I was out on a few errands. I was getting my toe nails done for the wedding I'm in this weekend.

One of the guys working there asks "when are you due?"

It took me a second to realize what he was asking and I calmly said "Um I already had her, she's 5 and a half weeks old."

Seriously I know my belly hasn't gone down very much but it's not that big.

So rude! This happened to me the day after giving birth while I was in the hospital. DH and I were walking to the NICU to see DS and his friend's dad (who was coming to see us and knew I had already had the baby!) and said, "I thought you already had the baby? You look like you're ready to pop!" So annoying!  

4.24.12                                                                            5.7.14
                  imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby #2 Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    Yes, last week when I was getting a pedicure, too.  Grrrr!  Angry  I was thinking I was looking pretty good too.  When I told the lady that my baby was 7 weeks old, she said "oh, it's taking awhile to go down, huh?" Crying
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageshouldbworkin:
    "oh, it's taking awhile to go down, huh?" Crying

OUCH!  I guess she wasn't looking for a good tip, huh?

I've thought about getting a pedicure too, I guess I shouldn't... I don't want to run the risk of getting insulted..  :)

For the record, I've only had one pedicure in my life which was from a gift certificate..  Whenever I want one, I never actually get one because then I'd have to pay for it..  and I just don't want to pay for it..  I have no problem with treating myself, but my husband and I both have expensive hobbies, so I don't like to spend money on extra things to help make me feel better about our hobbies... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm dreading going back to work for this very reason.  After DD1 I got asked this question for months pp.  As soon as I would start feeling good about my belly going down, someone would ask again.  I work in healthcare so I meet new people every day. Makes you feel so crappy though!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker

• Options

I get the looks where you can tell the person is trying to decide if I am pregnant or just fat... I really want to say "Nope already had the baby, now go on with your day"

• Options
    KatFCoKatFCo member
    This didn't happen to me, but I was with a friend of mine who had just been released from the hospital that day after having lost her baby. It was the most heartbreaking thing in the world.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"