Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Question for those with Kaiser and had DS circumcised

I'm opt'ing to switch insurance to Kaiser in a month but today I learned that our current Insurance Provider doesn't cover circumcisions until there's a problem and would be medically required. 

If you have Kaiser did you have to pay out of pocket to circumcise your DS?  If so, do you mind me asking what you paid?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Question for those with Kaiser and had DS circumcised

• We had Kaiser ins with DS - his circ was covered by the plan we were on.  We didn't have to pay anything out of pocket.  He was circumcised the morning before we were discharged from the birth center. He was 2d old. 

___________________________________________________________________ Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I have one of the copay plans with Kaiser and it was covered 100% with nothing out of pocket.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Nothing out of pocket :) butout has to de done before he is discharged to go home. I don't think they cover it later on unless it is medically necessary. But double check with your particular insurance plan.
  • If it isn't covered by insurance, most OB's charge a smaller fee for the circumcision . At our hospital it was only $200. It was covered by our insurance, though which they billed the insurance $600 for. Pretty funny.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It was covered and done the morning after he was born.

Our Journey to Brenden

IVF #1: 4/11(Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) 10 retrieved/8 mature and all 8 fertilized / 2 embies transferred ... nothing to freeze Beta 5/10 = BFN

IVF Take 2 Long Lupron July 2011

ER 7/3/11 (our 6th anniversary) - 8 retrieved/7 mature/fert ....ET 7/6/11 - 2 beautiful grade A 8 cell embryos

Beta 7/18/11 - 149!!! Beta 7/21/11 - 311 Beta 7/28/11 - 2,000 8/5/11 - Empty Sac 8/8/11 - There's a yolk sac and maybe a heartbeat 8/12/11 - Fetal pole, yolk sac, heartbeat 8/18/11 - Baby looks GREAT!
    3 babies waiting on ice

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"