TTC After a Loss
Options

Think Out Loud Thursday

I don't know who usually posts this so sorry if I'm stepping on any toes. There was just a request and I'm following through...

Tell us what you're thinking but wouldn't normally say out loud. And go!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Started TTC June 2010
BFP #1
07/04/10. EDD 03/14/11. Missed m/c 08/09/10. D&C 09/27/10. }Casey & Jaimie{
BFP #2 01/14/11. EDD 09/25/11. Missed m/c 02/18/11. D&C 02/24/11. }Dustin{
TTA for 18 months and then TTC for 12 months
BFP #3 08/18/13. EDD 04/30/14. Missed m/c 09/25/13. D&C 09/26/13. }Daylin{
TTA for 7 months
Jan-Mar 2014 - RPL, SHG, karotyping: all results normal
TTC Again May 2014
Progesterone & baby aspirin combo for 5 cycles
- All BFN's
SA with DNA fragmentation = Perfect results

Diagnostic cycle monitoring = Polycystic ovaries leading to premature egg release
TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015
Jan 2015 - Medicated cycle with timed intercourse
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

My Blog: The Canadian Housewife    PGAL/PAL Welcome    My Chart
imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Think Out Loud Thursday

• Options

:: Dear friend..

I really am happy for you, and I really do like to hear your updates...like the one you gave me today about everything measuring on track and the heartbeat being 117.  But..it still feels like a knife twisting in my heart ::  Sad

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    meh. I just printed out 50 pages of someone else's thesis to read for mine since they're on the same topic, then actually started reading it and found out that it's horribly written, and she missed a lot of information I already have in mine and has only provided me with one piece of info I can use. Grr. What a waste of paper.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagevanessa lynne:

I really am happy for you, and I really do like to hear your updates...like the one you gave me today about everything measuring on track and the heartbeat being 117.  But..it still feels like a knife twisting in my heart ::  Sad

Oh my god this.  Got an email today from a friend about her "big ultrasound" and it's a girl, and while I'm so happy for her, I wish she would have waited till Monday when AF is gone because it  feels like a knife.  And I tell myself "how could she have known I got AF yesterday".  But damn, why does it have to hurt so bad when I really wish I could just be happy for her. 

TTC #1 since April 2010
    BFP 4/18/12, M/C 4/27/12 at 6w6d
    BFP 7/1/12 - Counting down to our little girl, EDD 3/8/13
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagedaylights1:

mmmm.... 

image★´¯`•.¸¸.°¤TTCAL/PGAL/PAL Welcome,imageare not¤°.¸¸.•´¯`★image
    imageimageimage

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    נשמה שבאה לעולם למספר חודשים לשהות במעי האם, היא נשמת צדיק גמור שבאה לעולם רק לתקן פגם קטן ולאחר מספר חודשים אלו היא שבה למקומה לגן עדן להתענג על ה'. לעתיד לבוא נשמה זו תוכר באחד מבנייך ובזכות נשמת צדיק זה תזכי להיות במחיצת צדיקים
    TTC Since September 2011
    BFP#1:Dec.1.11 EDD:Aug.09.12 MC:Jan.11.12 (9WK5D)-Natural
    BFP#2:Apr.18.12 EDD:Dec.21.12 MC:May.1.12 (6WK3D)-D&C
    BFP#3:Sep.12.12 - Suspected CP | BFP#4:Dec.1.12 - Suspected CP
    BFP#5: Dec.26.12 EDD:Sep.10.13 MC:Jan.7.13 (4WK6D)-Natural
    BFP#6: Jun.11.13 EDD:Feb.23.13 Beta: #1=8000 #2=24532 US@6wk2d showed 7wk2d size with 143BPM HR * NT US@12wk6d looked good. A/S passed with flying colors and our team color is Blue! *Grow my little Pamplemousse*!!!
    pregnancy

• Options
    I want to quit my job and slap 2 coworkers for their insensitivity during my grieving process.
    BFP 1 - March 26, 2012, MMC discovered May 21, 2012
    BFP 2 - October 30, 2012, Rainbow Baby Boy born July 14, 2013
    TTC no sooner than November 2014
  • Options
    imagedaylights1:
    imageluvsdogs2:
    imagevanessa lynne:

Oh my god this.  Got an email today from a friend about her "big ultrasound" and it's a girl, and while I'm so happy for her, I wish she would have waited till Monday when AF is gone because it  feels like a knife.  And I tell myself "how could she have known I got AF yesterday".  But damn, why does it have to hurt so bad when I really wish I could just be happy for her. 

I have 8 close girlfriends that are pregnant right now.  8!!! When I say close I mean I talk to them all once a week.  There is no way I can avoid them all.  I am constantly bombarded with stuff like this and I love them and am thrilled every thing is going well but it stings every time.  I would love nothing more but to be pregnant with them.  

Oh.My.God.  How do you handle it?  I think I would have to shut off my phone and become a hermit.  Or move to a deserted island.  Or get therapy...I'm thinking I should maybe do that anyway.  But damn that has to suck so bad :( 

TTC #1 since April 2010
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagedaylights1:
    imageluvsdogs2:
    imagedaylights1:
    imageluvsdogs2:
    imagevanessa lynne:

I have 8 close girlfriends that are pregnant right now.  8!!! When I say close I mean I talk to them all once a week.  There is no way I can avoid them all.  I am constantly bombarded with stuff like this and I love them and am thrilled every thing is going well but it stings every time.  I would love nothing more but to be pregnant with them.  

Oh.My.God.  How do you handle it?  I think I would have to shut off my phone and become a hermit.  Or move to a deserted island.  Or get therapy...I'm thinking I should maybe do that anyway.  But damn that has to suck so bad :( 

I'm in therapy and I just tell myself I love them and just because I'm not getting what I want right now doesn't mean they shouldn't.  But it is hard.  I do have a rule with all of them.  No complaining!  

Thanks, I'll try to remember that!  I should maybe get it tattoed on my forehead or something. *sigh* 

TTC #1 since April 2010
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I just have ONE friend preg. and I'm avoiding her like the plague - I couldn't even imagine that many!! = I think I even said to DH, "at least we don't have a bunch of friends who are having kids yet..."

and to this friend who's preg - "yes I'm excited for you, but right now my loss is more important to me than your pregnancy, so I am putting myself FIRST until I feel ready to deal with you."

ETA - wording, spelling - and that actually felt really good to get out =)

Love: 08/04/2006
    Marriage: 10/02/2010
      Computer Hope
    Baby Carriage: 
    BFP#1 : 03.2012........MMC + D&C : 05.2012
    BFP#2 : 11.12.2012..........Born 07.17.2013

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    The Buggy List blog
  • Options

Dear DH:

I am mad as hell that you are leaving for the first 6 months of our marriage. I am mad as hell that it will be that long before we really get to try again to have a baby. Since AF has yet to show up and I'm scared to take Provera as we haven't exactly been TC/TA on the off chance some miracle happens. I hate that if we are lucky enough to get pregnant again, I won't be anywhere near my family and friends. I'm mad as hell that you would rather spend time with everyone else BUT me before you leave. Basicially, I'm just mad. And I don't know what to do or say about it. I can't tell you any of this because I don't want to fight.

Love,

Your Wife

• Options

Dear Coworkers (whom I have worked with for almost 2 years, many of whom are female)-

Thanks for not pointing out the fact that my bra has been CLEARLY visible through my cami all morning.  I admit I was sleepy and bleary-eyed when I got dressed, but a "hey, maybe you should button your cardigan" would have been appreciated before I met with our CFO.

Yeah...

TTC #1 since November 2011
    ** BFP #1 - M/C at 6 weeks 4/13/2012 **
    ** BFP #2 - expecting a little leprechaun!! EDD 3/21/13 | HB 7/30/2012 (6w3d) **
    NT Scan 9/4 - looked great! | Grow, baby, grow!!! | A/S 10/29

***All AL always welcome***
  • Options

Dear DH: I'm truly happy that you finally found your birth mother, but I'm not emotionally ready to meet her.  It's going to be stamped in my brain forever that the day you finally got to talk to her is the day I started bleeding and we found out that LO stopped growing.  I will never be able to separate those two events.  Ever.

Dear pregnant friend: Thank you so much for your support.  Somehow you have found the exact balance between being there and giving space.  I want to hear all about your pregnancy when you start talking to me about it again, but I'm scared I will always look at your LO and hurt b/c I'm trying to picture our LO at that age.

• Options

Dear employee -

When I asked you today to run a meeting for me because I had an urgent issue come up, I lied.  I just didn't feel like going to the meeting and frankly, I'm in charge so that's how it works. Sorry.

PS - At least you're getting brownie points for it.

**Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Options
    Dear Stupid Friend of my mother in law - yes I am positive that I had a miscarriage, and I sincerely appreciate your asking me twice if I was certain about this, simply because you think I still look pregnant. Fluck Off, you callous old bat!!!

imageimage
    DS Born 2/22/09. TTC #2 since Oct. 2011. MMC on 05/03/12 at 12w1d. CP on 02/08/12 at 5 weeks.

BFP 07/27/2012 - Beta 1 - 169 @ 11 DPO, Beta 2 - 419 @ 13 DPO, DD Born on 04/04/2013.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

AL Always Welcome

• Options
    I'm still irrationally angry that DH didn't acknowledge me as a mother on Mother's Day.
    It was a rough road, but Arlo Daniel was born April 1, 2013—and our second rainbow is due October 12, 2014.
  • Options

imageGknauff79:
    Dear Stupid Friend of my mother in law - yes I am positive that I had a miscarriage, and I sincerely appreciate your asking me twice if I was certain about this, simply because you think I still look pregnant. Fluck Off, you callous old bat!!!

And cue the high five in the face with a chair...

Sorry--fluck off for reals!!

((hugs))

** BFP #2 - expecting a little leprechaun!! EDD 3/21/13 | HB 7/30/2012 (6w3d) **

• Options

imageGknauff79:

Oh jeez. Apparently she has no clue what a miscarriage entails if she thinks it's something you could be confused about having had or not had. I would have said something snarky like, "Hey you're right! Maybe I am still knocked up! Let me go buy some nursery furniture right now! So glad you're here to set me straight."

**Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Options
    Mmm79Mmm79 member

imageGknauff79:

That deserves a throat punch. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic View Full Size Image
    BFP#1 11/12/11 ~ No heartbeat 12/12/11 ~ D&C 12/19/11
    BFP#2 3/25/12 ~ Heartbeat 141 4/16/12 ~ No heartbeat 4/25/12 ~ D&C 04/30/12 
    BFP#3 7/16/12 ~ EDD 3/26/13 ~ It's a BOY ~ DOB 2/26/13

• Options
    Mmm79Mmm79 member

imageGknauff79:

That deserves a throat punch. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic View Full Size Image
    BFP#1 11/12/11 ~ No heartbeat 12/12/11 ~ D&C 12/19/11
    BFP#2 3/25/12 ~ Heartbeat 141 4/16/12 ~ No heartbeat 4/25/12 ~ D&C 04/30/12 
    BFP#3 7/16/12 ~ EDD 3/26/13 ~ It's a BOY ~ DOB 2/26/13

• Options

imageGknauff79:

Oh, my God. This takes the cake. I'm sorry she's so stupid. :(

It was a rough road, but Arlo Daniel was born April 1, 2013—and our second rainbow is due October 12, 2014.
  • Options
    imageGknauff79:
    epic fail photos - FAIL Nation: Hugging the Wrong Guy FAIL
    TTC #1 since April 2010
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Dear body -

For the first time is almost 5 months, I woke up wanting to be pregnant again and not fearing the possibility of another loss.  So, seriously, this lack of AF needs to stop and you need to get your $hit together.  I have 2-3 months left of my forced TTA time, so you should have plenty of time to start acting right.  If not, we are going to have some problems.

Sincerely,

Your Owner 

Our baby boy,Logan, was born still at 19w3d on 7/1/2011
    Our 2nd baby boy, Mason, was born still at 20w3d on 1/31/2012

After a much needed sanity break... we are praying for our rainbows

((BFP 7/29/13))  ((EDD 4/12/14))  It's BOY/GIRL twins!!!

• Options

Dear BFF who is currectly 15 weks pg-

Yes I think you are stupid for snorkeling in Belize while pg, but I think you are even more stupid for not calling your OB about the huge rash on your leg that appeared the morning after snorkeling. It's been over a week, the rash has gotten bigger and you still haven't called about that. And please do not complain to me about having to have more bloodwork done next week at your OB's office. I just had a fallopian tube removed, 3 liters of a stranger's blood pumped into my body, multiple IVs and will be having blood drawn for the next who knows how many weeks to make sure they didn't miss anything during surgery, you know since it's very difficult to see everything through 2 liters of blood pooling in my abdomin.

BFP #1 11/27/11 EDD 08/08/12 M/C 01/27/12 12 wks 2 days
    BFP #2 04/25/12 EDD 01/04/13(?) confirmed ectopic 05/16/12 6 wks 5 days 2 doses of MTX-Lost left tube on 05/25/12 Back to TTC, earlier than originally expected.
    BFP #3 01/05/13 EDD 09/17/13 u/s 1/24/13-great appt, measuring 2 days ahead, NT scan 3/11/13-great scan measuring 4 days ahead, A/S 4/29/13-another great scan can't wait to meet my baby BOY!!!!!
    My Blog

My Sweet (and Spoiled) Furbaby Cali
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PgAL/PAL Welcome

• Options
    imagecsspencer:

Yes I think you are stupid for snorkeling in Belize while pg, but I think you are even more stupid for not calling your OB about the huge rash on your leg that appeared the morning after snorkeling. It's been over a week, the rash has gotten bigger and you still haven't called about that. And please do not complain to me about having to have more bloodwork done next week at your OB's office. I just had a fallopian tube removed, 3 liters of a stranger's blood pumped into my body, multiple IVs and will be having blood drawn for the next who knows how many weeks to make sure they didn't miss anything during surgery, you know since it's very difficult to see everything through 2 liters of blood pooling in my abdomin.

Is she stupid for snorkeling  generally or stupid for snorkeling in Belize?  Just curious as I was born and raised in that country!

imageimage
    DS Born 2/22/09. TTC #2 since Oct. 2011. MMC on 05/03/12 at 12w1d. CP on 02/08/12 at 5 weeks.

BFP 07/27/2012 - Beta 1 - 169 @ 11 DPO, Beta 2 - 419 @ 13 DPO, DD Born on 04/04/2013.

AL Always Welcome

• Options
    I usually do it, but no problem!  I've been away from the computer most of the day.  Thanks for doin' it today Jenn! 

Lilypie - (dLe1)

***BFP 1-22-13, baby boy dx with Trisomy 13 at 15 weeks.

We let him go to Heaven on 4-27-13 at 17 weeks 1 day***

Lilypie - (AW2u)

Lilypie - (L84X)Lilypie - (D4Hj)

• Options

Dear second cousin,

Get a suitable apartment, get a job and take care of your baby.  Visiting it in foster care is not enough.  That is your baby, not the government's.  It's your responsibility, no-one else's.  By that baby's first birthday, they will take your rights away and adopt him out.  Smarten up!

(I know, I have so rage right now)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage
    BFP #1 - 01/12/12, EDD 09/12/12, Medical Induction @ 21 weeks 05/03/12
    BFP #2 - 10/30/12, EDD 07/04/13, Natural m/c @ 5 weeks 11/01/12
    BFP #3 - 02/07/13, EDD 10/12/13
    Dx: Incompotent Cervix

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    imageGknauff79:
    imagecsspencer:

Is she stupid for snorkeling  generally or stupid for snorkeling in Belize?  Just curious as I was born and raised in that country!

I have no issue with where she was snorkeling, I just have an issue with the snorkeling...and then complaining to me about the rash. Don't freaking complain to me while I'm busy recovering from emergency surgery where I almost died.

BFP #1 11/27/11 EDD 08/08/12 M/C 01/27/12 12 wks 2 days
    BFP #2 04/25/12 EDD 01/04/13(?) confirmed ectopic 05/16/12 6 wks 5 days 2 doses of MTX-Lost left tube on 05/25/12 Back to TTC, earlier than originally expected.
    BFP #3 01/05/13 EDD 09/17/13 u/s 1/24/13-great appt, measuring 2 days ahead, NT scan 3/11/13-great scan measuring 4 days ahead, A/S 4/29/13-another great scan can't wait to meet my baby BOY!!!!!
    My Blog

My Sweet (and Spoiled) Furbaby Cali
    Photobucket
    PgAL/PAL Welcome

• Options
    foxxy1foxxy1 member

Dear Hater,

I will admit...I do get down sometimes when I think about certain things in my life. And for a while I was suicidial, I won't front. And then I think about my husband and how I couldn't leave him. And I think about my close friends and family, who would be devastated and I couldn't leave them.

But most importantly, I think about you, Hater. I think about how you would show up to my funeral and act like we were best friends and shiiit when you know that's a damn lie. And then I think about how you wouldn't return calls or texts but all of a sudden, you're sitting around my family acting like you and I go way back. And then I think about all the times I told you about my plans and you brushed them off like they weren't anything.

So Hater, sorry to burst your bubble but I'm staying alive. Not for religious reasons, not because of the love for my husband. No. I'm staying alive solely JUST TO PISS YOU OFF. And what's awesome about this, Hater...is that I'm going to be so successful, you'll be furious at the fact you let our relationship slip through your fingers.

Fcuk you,

foxxy. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagecsspencer:
    imageGknauff79:
    imagecsspencer:

I have no issue with where she was snorkeling, I just have an issue with the snorkeling...and then complaining to me about the rash. Don't freaking complain to me while I'm busy recovering from emergency surgery where I almost died.

Completely agree with ya!!!

imageimage

AL Always Welcome

• Options
    pkarenpkaren member
    imageMrsCisco222:

Dear DH:

I am mad as hell that you are leaving for the first 6 months of our marriage. I am mad as hell that it will be that long before we really get to try again to have a baby. Since AF has yet to show up and I'm scared to take Provera as we haven't exactly been TC/TA on the off chance some miracle happens. I hate that if we are lucky enough to get pregnant again, I won't be anywhere near my family and friends. I'm mad as hell that you would rather spend time with everyone else BUT me before you leave. Basicially, I'm just mad. And I don't know what to do or say about it. I can't tell you any of this because I don't want to fight.

Love,

Your Wife

My DH is military and left on a 4 month deployment a couple of months after our wedding too. The bright side was we BDed ALOT when he came home and I got pg pretty quick. It didn't stick though, but I was so happy he was home for all the crappy stuff!

He's been on 3 deployments in the past 2 years and both of us are so stressed right before he leaves that we end up being really snippy with each other...the booklet I got says it's normal apparently...lol

BFP #1: 12/26/11, EDD 09/05/12; m/c discovered: 02/22/12 @ 12w u/s,
    D&C: 03/08/12 Waited for AF for 146 long days!
    Hysteroscopy/D&C on July 10th to fix blocked cervix (DX: Cervical Stenosis)
    BFP #2 12/8/12, EDD 08/21/13 Our rainbow arrived 08/24/13!
    imageimageimage

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    pkarenpkaren member

Dear Ute,

Isn't it about time you figure your shiit out? You are not 10 years old, you are 30. You know how this deal works. Release egg. Build lining. Shed. It's not rocket science. Don't make me come in there.

BFP #1: 12/26/11, EDD 09/05/12; m/c discovered: 02/22/12 @ 12w u/s,
    D&C: 03/08/12 Waited for AF for 146 long days!
    Hysteroscopy/D&C on July 10th to fix blocked cervix (DX: Cervical Stenosis)
    BFP #2 12/8/12, EDD 08/21/13 Our rainbow arrived 08/24/13!
    imageimageimage

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    imagepkaren:

Dear Ute,

Isn't it about time you figure your shiit out? You are not 10 years old, you are 30. You know how this deal works. Release egg. Build lining. Shed. It's not rocket science. Don't make me come in there.

This. Totally. Love the way you put that!

And thanks for the input. I knew going in to this marriage it would be difficult. I just didn't realize I would have such a hard time dealing. It's good to know I'm not alone in feeling this way. :o)

• Options

I am a school social worker and work a lot with pregnant teens who think getting pregnant is not a big deal and often ask me why I dont have any kids... I just want to yell at them and slap them all!!

BFP #1: January 2012, MMC/BO February 2012; BFP #2: June 2012, MMC July 2012; BFP #3: February 2013

• Options
    imagepkaren:

Dear Ute,

::gigglesnort::

• Options
    Okay. So I took today off of work because my cramping was really bad and I kind of just needed a day to... zone. I really don't want to go back to work tomorrow because it's hard seeing all the kids there (I am a toddler teacher and there are also infants). It just kind of upsets me that all of these people have wonderful cute babies and I am left with an empty belly.. =/ ALSO my "best friend" isn't exactly acting very supportive. I told her in a Facebook message about my loss (she's busy a lot and doesn't live near me) and she said she was sorry and then proceeded to tell me about this awesome Red Sox game she's going to on Thursday. (She KNOWS I love the Red Sox and really want to go to a game) so it was kind of a slap in the face. I mean, not everything has to be about me, but I kind of wanted more than "sorry" from a supposed best friend. I just wish someone understood that it's hard on me.

photo f67a54b1-ddce-4538-bf7e-65a79c0165f1_zps84df8eb7.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"