August 2012 Moms

STMs gift to DD/DS from LO?

DS had his 18 month appt today and the ped suggested having LO give DS a gift when he comes to visit in the hospital. Anyone have any good ideas?  We have a lot of big brother books already. He will be 20 months when this LO is born. Thanks!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: STMs gift to DD/DS from LO?

• SGC29SGC29 member

I had not even thought of this. I like the idea. If I were to do this I would probably pick out a sweet stuffed animal for DD. She loves stuffed animals. 

Would your son like something like that? Or does he have a favorite character? Maybe a stuffed movie character? 

• That young, something he likes and wont mind being chewed on by younger sibling.
    I am getting my daughter some jewelry.  She'll be 5 It's a split between a baby brother and going to Kindergarten. Just no sure what kind yet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • DS is obsessed with cars right now, so probably a few Matchbox cars or a stuffed animal.
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • LO will be giving DS a new train or two (DS loves all the Thomas trains).

In turn, DS will be picking something out for LO....like a lovey or a small stuff animal or blanket.

I'll have them both packed in the hospital bag so that when DS comes to meet the new baby I've got them ready to go and the Grandparents won't have to remember one more thing.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • We are getting the girls' necklaces, but that probably doesn't help you much!  I'd try to pick something that would be more of a keepsake though, maybe something with "big brother" on it?

DH and I married 8 years. Mom of three, stepmom of one.

• byrne15byrne15 member

My friend had done this with her son and the new baby.

I am probably going to have ds go shopping with me and pick something out for the new baby.  I'll let it be whatever he wants to get him (even if it is a transformer or something).

I will also pick something up for ds that will be from the baby.  I'll bring it to the hospital and have the baby "give it to ds".  Ds will be over 4.5 years old so I think he will know that it isn't reallt from the baby, but who turns down a gift??

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Thanks for the good suggestions. I especially like the build a bear and some cars and a stuffed animal.  I think he's too young to get it and know its from the baby, but then again sometimes I'm amazed at what he understands.  Also, if it's something he will have for a while, I can keep reminding him as he gets older that it was from his little brother.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"