TTC after 35

Update and a nearly very embarassing AF incident (yes, I am 12 years old)

Hi Ladies!

I'm back from my 40th birthday weekend in RI which was very nice, very relaxing and much needed. Though having nothing to transfer last week was extremely disappointing, we are going to get right back on the horse again so to speak.  

Because of the embryology lab at our RE office closing down for 2 weeks twice a year for OSHA bullshit, the very latest that a cycle can start in June is the 23rd, and then they can't start anyone again until July 20th. Huge blackout period for me during a time that i can actually take time off of work without a hassle. I leave for training camp at work on July 25th and I'm out of town for almost 4 weeks, so obviously if it doesn't happen this next cycle, we are out until September.

Fortunately my doctor, the nurse and even the financial coordinator were very understanding and I got my clearance to go ahead and start the next cycle.  I had my meds shipped to my sister's in RI and started my Estrogen and today is CD1.

Here is the embarrassing part. I was in the cafeteria having lunch today, and when I got up from the table I looked down when straightening my pants and noticed that AF had shown up with NO WARNING. No spotting this morning, no cramps (until they crippled me this afternoon) and there I was in my khakis and a cafeteria full of football players. I had even been talking to good old Mr T-Bow right before that. Fortunately I really don't think anyone noticed, but there was no way I could have walked around like that for the day.  I went to my locker and found a faded and not really nice pair of black workout pants and put those on, and ran out to my car and by some miracle had a pair of black flats in there to wear with them. We are casual post Memorial day so I could get away with it, but WTH? I haven't had to deal with this kind of thing since I was 12 years old!

However, I am happy to be at CD1 and about to start once again...thanks for reading my book!

TTC since 3/2010. Me 41, DH-49. After 3 years, 6 IUIs and several IVFs we have finally have our beautiful baby girl, born on 11/7/13.

Re: Update and a nearly very embarassing AF incident (yes, I am 12 years old)

• AbeilleAbeille member

That must have been a shocker! I'm glad you were able to work things out for the rest of the day.

I'm glad your RE's office was so accommodating, best of luck to you this cycle!

Me: 38, PCOS/ DH: 37

DD born 12.21.09, conceived w/ injects and IUI

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

BFP 2.6.12 m/c 6w5d | BFP 5.25.12 c/p

-Back to the RE-

3 medicated IUIs, all BFN

-Taking a break from treatment-

BFP 11.20.12 ~ EDD 7.28.13

image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Chart
  • Ugh-- your story took me right back to summer camp when I was 11 and I got my period BIG TIME (first time, too) on the bus to the day camp. My sister (20 months younger than I) was sitting behind me and kept saying really loudly, "Daniele, what do you have on your shorts? It looks like you peed your pants!" My friend and I kept saying things like, "It's just the shadow you're seeing. There's nothing there" but my sister would not let it drop. She wanted to embarrass me in front of the counselor Sam who was a cutie and who we both had crushes on-- and somehow she was an idiot and thought I really peed my pants.

Thank GOD I could put my bag behind me as I walked off the bus and then my friend got my counselor who washed my shorts in the sink and when we were drying them under the blower, someone walked in and my counselor was brilliant and just said "she sat on some gum." I have used that excuse a thousand more times since then!

At least it didn't happen when you were talking to Mr. Tebow!!

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Loading the player...
  • Lol! I should really put some clothes in my car in preparation. AF had been a real biotch the past few months and I have had "leakage" as well. You would think that wouldn't happen at our age...

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Yeah, you'd think by now, our bodies would be over the pre-teen hormone rages. I, however, get acne now. Which ironically, I never had much of a problem with as a teenager...
    *********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Yikes! That AF is a sneaky biatch!
  • Glad your birthday weekend was good, and that you're going to be able to cycle again so soon. Sorry AF made such a ridiculous arrival - she's a pain-in-the-a$$ like that..
    TTC #1 since June 2010
    Me: 36, DH: 42
    Dx: DOR and MFI

DH: low count + very low motility; hormones all normal; Sperm DNA Frag. test = poor to fair; male karyotyping normal
    Me: FSH 13.4 + AMH 0.26 + hypothyroidism; Scratch the hypothyrodism (?); Blood clotting and immune panel all negative; endometrial biopsy normal

IVF #1 (MDLF - Jul/Aug 2011): BFN (9R, 5M, 3F with ICSI, 3dt of 1 10-cell grade 2, no frosties)
    IVF #2 (EP-antagonist - Sep/Oct 2011): BFN (6R, 4M, 3F w/ ICSI, 3dt of 1 6-cell, 1 7-cell, grade 4s, no frosties)
    DE IVF #1 (shared cycle - June 2012): c/p (6R, 6F w/ICSI, 3dt 1 8-cell grade A- and 1 7-cell grade A-; no frosties)
    DE IVF #2 (shared cycle with new donor - Nov/Dec/ 2012): - BFP!!!!! 12/14/12. U/S on 12/27 shows twins!!!!!

SAIFW/PAIFW
  • Oh goodness! :)  Poor thing .. you handled the whole situation way better than I would have :)
  • Wow!  That could've been a lot worse!  I am so glad that your RE & everyone involved were so willing to work with your schedule.  DH & I meet with a new RE tomorrow & I'm hoping they can work with the fact that I just started a new job & don't want to have to start taking off & raise suspicions if I can help it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"