March 2012 Moms
Options

Hylands teething tablets - any 2nd time moms have an opinion

2 people at work in the last two days totally unrelated have recommended these dissolving homeopathic tablets when I mentioned LO was starting to get his back teeth through... anyone used these?.  anything I should know about them if anyone has had side effects? 

I plan to ask my Pedi too since it says  

"If pregnant or nursing, ask a doctor before use."

I figured this place always has opinions... good and bad so I wanted to know what you guys thought.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hylands teething tablets - any 2nd time moms have an opinion

• Options
    kel716kel716 member

We used them with DS, and they seemed to work well.  The tablets are TINY

There was a huge controversy about them a few years ago though... I'll see if my mommy friends know if they changed the formula. 

• Options
    WipzWipz member
    Thanks Kel..I saw some mention of a recall and someone being dissapointed that they changed it to gel.. but I'm still researching.  anything you can find out from your friends would be great.  Thanks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kel716kel716 member

Alright, so it sounds like they changed the formula.  I will tell you we only used them when it was obvious DS was having teething issues.

I am also thinking about trying a baltic amber teething necklace. 

Sophie the Giraffe is also popular once they have hand/mouth coordination.    That said, my favorite method is an ice cube in a sock. 

• Options
    WipzWipz member
    Our problem is the back ones are coming through .. not the front so getting anything to the back of his mouth is tricky.  My friend who's son had the same teething problem used to give him a cold tea spoon handle I think.  I am going to ask her about that too...

yeah one of the ladies also mentioned some necklace..not one they actually bite on but just something they wear. She also mentioned  she is giving her son a cold raw carrot.. (cleaned and skinned) to chew on, which he loves... but she has to hold on to it or he makes himself gag..and he is just a few months older than my guy. 
  • Options
    Wipz, so you're babe is already teething? Have the front ones come in? I swear Asher is teething but everyone thinks i'm crazy bc he's only 2 months. But he's showing all the signs... And he does not like the cold stuff but will naw on the bottle and my finger...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    love them
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    WipzWipz member
    imageshineineaiken:
    Wipz, so you're babe is already teething? Have the front ones come in? I swear Asher is teething but everyone thinks i'm crazy bc he's only 2 months. But he's showing all the signs... And he does not like the cold stuff but will naw on the bottle and my finger...

No front ones yet... its not as uncommon as people think .. my friends kid and my niece both teethed early at the back.  You can see the outline of his teeth on the gums at the front .. right from day one I kinda figured he was gonna teeth early so I wasnt overly surprised to see the back one this week.  They aren't totally through and I need to check the bottom when my nipple stops cringing lol.  He hasnt been overly fussy yet but I am sure its coming.. but he seems to have mommys pain tolerance so far.. so time will tell :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"