3rd Trimester
Options

Change in smell.. TMI Question

OK, I HATE asking this question but I feel like I need to see if anyone else has experience with this. Between yesterday afternoon and this morning I have most definitely lost my mucus plug and had a ton of discharge. But I've also noticed that all the sudden there is a very sweet smell to my lower region. Every time I go to the bathroom I notice it. I've taken a shower, used wipes, and used odor absorbing pads... and it's still there. 

I just found out I'm GBS + this time (wasn't last time), so I guess my real worry is if I should be at all concerned about a water leak. It doesn't feel like I'm leaking at all, just a lot of discharge. Should I tell my doctor's office? The doctor/hospital are an hour away, so I don't just want to go in for nothing. Baby is still moving lots and I'm having a lot of BH still, but nothing too real.

I did not notice anything like this last time (other than losing my MP), but I was induced, so maybe my body never got to this point?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Change in smell.. TMI Question

• Options
    I would check in with your Dr.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I've always heard amniotic fluid has a sweet smell to it.  I would call your doctor to be safe.
    Dating since 3.8.2008. Married since 6.4.2011. Bryson born on 6.28.2012
     CafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is interesting, your noticing the smell so apparently it is strong. Amniotic fluid doesn't always have an odor. I wouldn't use any type of feminine product, if you want, wear a menstrual pad or Poise pads change them often though but no wipes or anything. If you can, call your doc, maybe they can send you to a closer clinic or hospital to just have a fluid check. It sounds to me like your body is really gearing up for labor.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageStokedWifey:
    I've always heard amniotic fluid has a sweet smell to it.  I would call your doctor to be safe.

This! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    call your doctor
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers image image
  • Options

I could have written this post!

I had an appointment yesterday and had a cervix check. I figured the change was from that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"