Trouble TTC
Options

IUI #1 - Fail.

I don't usually do this, but I am so disappointed with today's IUI attempt, I just need to vent.   

I went in today for what was supposed to be IUI #1.  Upon arrival, I was told that MH's sperm count today was only 5 million, with 17% motility.  This is compared to his previous results, which also showed low motility (26%), but with a count of 130 million.  In the end, we only had 750,000 motile sperm today.  :(

The worst part though was that they couldn't even get the catheter past my cervix.  :(. My cervix is off to the side, and oddly curved.  I knew that from my SHG (and was told that it is not a problem).  Today though, they couldn't even get the catheter through, despite trying for more than 30 minutes.  It was extremely painful for me, and I bled heavily after.  :(.

In the end result, a mere 750,000 sperm were deposited outside my cervix.

I have no idea what happened to MH's sperm.  And I am pretty concerned about the whole "we can't get past your cervix" thing.  They will try again tomorrow, but I am not overly optimistic right now.

Vent over.  

Miscarriage in January 2012 at 8 weeks
Subsequently diagnosed with low P4, LOR. MH DX low motility, varicocele 
BFP in July 2012 (Gonal-f + trigger + IUI#2 (B2B) + prometrium)
Lost Baby A prior to 7 weeks; large SCH; Baby B (Bug) was born in March 2013
BFP June 2014; EDD February 19, 2015

Re: IUI #1 - Fail.

• Options
    Sony22Sony22 member
    I'm so sorry!
    Me 33. DH 32. TTC Since 6/2011. 12/2012-m/c, CP. DH: MFI. CCT/HSG/day 3 blood work-all nl. IVF#1 ER- 8/7/12, ET- 8/10. beta 8/25 neg, I did not respond as expected. AMH: 0.88. IVF#2 BCP-10/19. Micro flare Lupron-Nov: It's a bust. IVF#3 Planned for Feb '13 with a long lupron protocol ON OUR OWN!!! BFP- 1/12/13. Yay! EDD 9/18, now EDD 9/25
  • Options
    alb245alb245 member

I'm so sorry. That sounds painful and incredibly frustrating. Hopefully they will have better luck tomorrow - can you take some Tylenol before you go?

I'm also interested to see if they say anything else about your cervix being off to one side. I was told this as well during my HSG and was also told it didn't matter, but I can't help but wonder.....

GL tomorrow and I hope you can take it easy the rest of today.  

~~PgAL March Siggy Challenge - Pet Shaming~~
    TTC #1 since Feb 2011 Dx: MTHFR C677T Homozygous, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, LPD
    BFP #1: 8/4/11 c/p 4w5d
    BFP #2: 9/4/11 c/p 5w0d
    BFP #3: 1/16/12 c/p 4w0d
    BFP #4 8/9/12 m/c 7w3d
    BFP #5 11/2/12 ?EDD 7/16/13? PLEASE grow sweet baby!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh I'm so sorry.  I hope you have better luck tomorrow.
  • Options
    How frustrating on so many counts! Wishing you better luck for tomorrow. :)
    4 IUIs: Bfn
    Antagonist IVF 7 retrieved, 4 fert w/ICSI&AH, 2 blasts transferred. Beta #1 9/20: 367 Beta #2 9/22: 841
    image image
  • Options
    I am sorry! I hope your luck is better tomorrow!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    :( Here's hoping his numbers were a fluke and they will be back up tomorrow. I had the same problem with them finding my cervix as well. Seemed like it took FOREVER for them to find it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    After 2 years of IF workups/treatments and 2 IUIs, we have closed the door on fertility treatments.
    We are very excited to be pursuing international adoption from China!
    6000 miles and a day
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Wow, that sounds awful! I'm really sorry you had to go through that. Good luck tomorrow. FX for a better result!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am very sorry to hear about your struggles today!  I can imagine your frustration!  I hope that you have a better experience tomorrow!!  <3
    Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    KMac570KMac570 member
    Thanks ladies.  And thank you Alb for the advice re Tylenol, I will try that tomorrow and see if it helps.  I am bummed, but onward and (hopefully) upward I guess.  :)
    Miscarriage in January 2012 at 8 weeks
    Subsequently diagnosed with low P4, LOR. MH DX low motility, varicocele 
    BFP in July 2012 (Gonal-f + trigger + IUI#2 (B2B) + prometrium)
    Lost Baby A prior to 7 weeks; large SCH; Baby B (Bug) was born in March 2013
    BFP June 2014; EDD February 19, 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"