September 2011 Moms
Options

BF & the military

https://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/military-moms-breastfeeding-uniform-stir-controversey-214500503.html

What is the big deal?!  I know that BF is not possible for everyone (we had our issues too)  or is not what every women choses but for those of us that do, did or tried to do it let us alone.  It is natural, not sexual and wether you work in an office or work in camo it shouldn't matter.  A Mom is a Mom first, right?

I don't know maybe I should have posted this on the unpopular opinion board.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: BF & the military

• Options
    Thanks for sharing.  Guess I missed that. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I missed the first discussion as well.

I say, what are these soldiers fighting for? Why are they even in the uniform in the first place?? FREEDOM, that is why! If anyone should be allowed to BF their babies (whether in uniform, a chicken suit, or a ball gown) it should be these women. They are fighting for us, and sacrifice their family enough as it is. To think they should "change out of their uniform first" is just ridiculous. Thats like saying a policeman can't speed every now and then, (who BTW is also putting his life in danger for the community) or a preacher can't enjoy a glass of wine. Only this is worse because BF is natural. Complete ignorance.

• Options
    linzicalinzica member

here's what stuck out to me.

"People are comparing breastfeeding in uniform to urinating and defecating in uniform."

are you not allowed to pee and poop if you're in uniform? Like, do you have to hold it in or go change really quick in order to go potty?

• Options
    You can't even hold hands while in uniform, so I don't find this surprising.mit has zero to do with being anti-BF and everything to do with what is deemed appropriate while in uniform. If they had been in civies, I doubt anyone would have batted an eye.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I want to add, that a mom would like to be a mom first, but that isn't the way the military works. If duty calls, it doesn't matter that you are a parent. I have been with DH for 10 years, married for 8. I understand the downside to the military very well.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"