Attachment Parenting
Options

Outgrowing the K'tan, thinking about buying an Ergo..??

Hey ladies! I have a 3.5 month old baby girl who loves the K'tan when used in the basic newborn hold. She's pretty much outgrown that particular hold because of her length (she's still pretty small otherwise, only 11 lbs), but seems to hate any of the other holds. I've been contemplating buying an Ergo for awhile now, but don't want to buy it if she won't like it. Part of me thinks she might like the structured carrier better for the upright holds, simply because it's probably more comfortable than the ktan?

I've heard of baby carrier rentals, but have yet to find a place to do it. Just wanted to hear your thoughts...do you love your Ergo? And there's so many different types of Ergos...which style do you have/prefer? Is it worth the investment?? Thanks for your input!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Outgrowing the K'tan, thinking about buying an Ergo..??

• Options
    My son is 5 months & we love our Ergo Sport. The front carry is guaranteed to put him to sleep & we use the back carry when he wants to look around. There is also a hip carry option. We got it from an attachment based local store but our Target sells Ergos now. I don't think you necessarily need to rent one, just find a place that will let you try it in store or has a great return policy. 
  • Options
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We have the Ergo Organic and I love it. We have this, the Moby and the Beco Gemini. DS definitely prefers the Ergo to the others.

Buy the infant insert - you will need it. DS is 7 months old and I still use it. He is 17 pounds and 27 inches. 

• Options

Check out the Beco Gemini. My son loves to do front facing out and the Ergo doesn't do that.  

**Meagan** Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Quirky baby.com does rentals too, you can rent several at once.  

Cloth diapering, VBAC, BF & FF, AP momma to two 2 and under. Special needs - DS born with clubfoot and diastrophic dysplasia (dwarfism)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"