August 2012 Moms

Tender belly button!

I swear my little man is trying to punch his way out my belly button at times and it seriously is sore!

Does anyone else have a tender belly button!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tender belly button!

• I do, but in an opposite way.  I feel that baby is tugging the cord and pulling my belly button inward.  Ew, makes me have this nauseas sinking feeling :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary

• sdlaurasdlaura member
    Yes. My doctor says it has nothing to do with the cord.  Just that the area around your belly button is the only area of your stomach that doesn't have an extra layer of muscle between it and your uterus.  So it is more likely to be tender there.
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine is really tender too--they say it gets sore when it is about to turn into an outie.  I actually am bruised around my belly button because of this process.  I hope it pops soon and maybe it will bring a little relief.

• I've always had a sensitive belly button, and now that it's all flat and rubbing against my shirt - ick. I hate it so much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"