September 2011 Moms
Options

Are you taking good care of yourself?

Please read the left column: Take care of yourself (page 16)https://www2.ed.gov/parents/earlychild/ready/healthystart/eightmonth.pdf

I found this comparison helpful. I am starting to incorporate some of my pre baby habits little by little. One of them is meditating with my H. It rejuvenates me and helps me feel closer to both my boys, but I mostly do it for me. ?GooooosssssseeeeeeFRABA? (what movie?)  

What are you doing to take care of yourself?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Are you taking good care of yourself?

• Options
    Anger Management
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageJcraul:
    Anger Management

DING -DING! Wait are you taking Anger Management to take care of yourself or are you quoting the movie? Either way-- you go girl!

I was thinking about taking a few boxing classes! Random thought :)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My H and I had a huge discussion about this the other night. I have not been taking proper care of myself. I put myself last on the list and usually end up neglecting me. I am working on making changes though. My diet is one of them. I am going to start eating cleaner and start yoga again. I am also going to incorporate quiet time for me every day, whether that be reading, meditation, a hot bath, just something for me. I am also going to take more breaks from the computer, especially FB. I am constantly comparing myself to people and it ends up upsetting me. I want to be the healthiest mom I can for Max!
  • Options
    Ms5586Ms5586 member

Is it bad that I'm laughing at the part where it says to get enough sleep?!?!?!?!

When I'm not slumped on the floor from exhaustion, I do think (based on those things), that I take care of myself.

In my own standards, no.  My legs need shaved, my hair needs washed (and badly needs cut), I don't regularly style my hair or wear makeup, etc.  There's just not enough hours in the day anymore.

• Options

No Classes here.  Actually, I think being a Mom has really helped my temper.  I have more patience now then I did before I was a Mom.

I was working out over lunch & watching my diet... I've slacked the last few weeks when we all came down with something.  DH & I both had Strep & the baby got an ear infection.  We had a wedding and then helped his parents move.  I'm ready to get back on track though.

I do find I put my needs last which I need to work on.  I'm going out for double jaw surgery on 7/18 so I will need to make myself and my recovery a priority.  We're trying to work out who will be picking D up for daycare & drop off at home, ect.  I won't be able to drive or pick her up for 2 weeks or see her while in the hospital, 3 days.  Just thinking about not seeing her brings tears to my eyes.

• Options
    jen4nyjen4ny member
    Not at all. Since going back to work there is just no time. Pre-baby I exercised regularly and got enough sleep. Now there is no exercise, no sleep, etc. And my body is feeling it- I am on my fourth cold/illness this year and I never used to get sick! If only there was a way to increase the hours in a day.
    "From the moment I first saw you, the second that you were born, I knew that you were the love of my life" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 35, DH: 40
    TTC # 2 since 8/13, Dx: unexplained secondary infertility
    Clomid cycles 7/14 & 8/14= BFN
    IUI # 1 (clomid) 8/27/14= BFN
    IUI # 2 (clomid and follistim) 9/25/14= BFN
    IUI # 3 (femara and follistim) 10/23/14= BFN
    IUI # 4 (femara and follistim) 11/20/14= BFN
    12/12/14- saline sono shows two polyps
    2/15- two uterine polyps and "schmutz" (RE's words) removed
    8/15- surprise BFP! Beta #1 70 Beta #2 150 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board