Anyone have asthma? Medication question — The Bump
Breastfeeding

Anyone have asthma? Medication question

Just wondering what medication you take? I've always been on Advair, but wondering if there's anything better out there since I am breastfeeding. I saw my doctor yesterday and he didn't know, he said to ask our pediatrician. I feel at a loss, he did recommend singulair but I thought I had heard this is similar to a decongestant and might reduce supply.

FWIW, I've had asthma since I was 2 and have to be on something to control it, I always have.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone have asthma? Medication question

• I have asthma and I was on Advair through out my pregnancy with my DD and after while breastfeeding. I was told it was fine for me to be on it during pregnancy and while breastfeeding. I never had any issues with supply until DD was 7 months but the only reason I had supply issues was due to a bad bad sinus infection that I did not get treated right away.

This time around I am on Asthmanex (simular to advair) and only changed because our insurance does not cover Advair and it was getting too expensive to keep paying out of pocket for.

• image pinkmoonlight:

I have asthma and I was on Advair through out my pregnancy with my DD and after while breastfeeding. I was told it was fine for me to be on it during pregnancy and while breastfeeding. I never had any issues with supply until DD was 7 months but the only reason I had supply issues was due to a bad bad sinus infection that I did not get treated right away.

This time around I am on Asthmanex (simular to advair) and only changed because our insurance does not cover Advair and it was getting too expensive to keep paying out of pocket for.

Good to know-- thanks for sharing! I have insurance that covers Advair but I still hate spending $30 on it every month-- eek.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • jen4nyjen4ny
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Love Its Photogenic

I am on Advair and singulair. I haven't had any supply issues. I also needed two rounds of prednisone for bronchitis/asthma exacerbations last month and I kept breastfeeding through that without any issues.

"From the moment I first saw you, the second that you were born, I knew that you were the love of my life" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 35, DH: 40
    TTC # 2 since 8/13, Dx: unexplained secondary infertility
    Clomid cycles 7/14 & 8/14= BFN
    IUI # 1 (clomid) 8/27/14= BFN
    IUI # 2 (clomid and follistim) 9/25/14= BFN
    IUI # 3 (femara and follistim) 10/23/14= BFN
    IUI # 4 (femara and follistim) 11/20/14= BFN
    12/12/14- saline sono shows two polyps
    2/15- two uterine polyps and "schmutz" (RE's words) removed
    8/15- surprise BFP! Beta #1 70 Beta #2 150 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board