November 2012 Moms

UO Thursday

I don't understand why some Mommas with babies who won't sleep, are against sleep training. At 6, 7, 8 months + if my child wasn't sleeping, I'd try ANYTHING. (Within reason of course, don't take that outta context)
Those who don't believe in love at first sight, have never given birth
Big sister meeting little brother for the first time-
<a href="http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k409/YellowMiles/?action=view

Re: UO Thursday

• What she said.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • rrcraz7rrcraz7 member

I think gender parties/pictures are massively AW'ish.

Also, before we need to correct, I know the proper term would have been "sex party" but you see how that looks.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagerrcraz7:

I think gender parties/pictures are massively AW'ish.

Also, before we need to correct, I know the proper term would have been "sex party" but you see how that looks.

That makes me think of Stewie's sexy parties.  

image Pregnancy Ticker
  • A sex party sounds like it would be a lot more fun to go to then a gender reveal party.  Just saying.
    image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • dicer2dicer2 member
    I think it's funny that some people take their mom with them to their regular OB appointments.  Maybe it's an age thing, but I'm almost 34 and if I asked my mom to go to all of my appointments with me she would laugh and tell me to put on my big girl panties.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• rrcraz7rrcraz7 member

imagedicer2:
    I think it's funny that some people take their mom with them to their regular OB appointments.  Maybe it's an age thing, but I'm almost 34 and if I asked my mom to go to all of my appointments with me she would laugh and tell me to put on my big girl panties.

I was 28 with DD and I never would have thought to even ask my mom. I was in the ER tuesday & opted to be alone rather than call a parent. So I don't get it either.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I hate it when I am sitting in a meeting and you have two presenters and each presenter feels like they have to repeat everything the other one says as if each one of us in the room are complete idiots and need to be told everything twice. I have things to do, and that meeting would have been cut in half if each one would have been sticking to their parts and just got through it. I also do not like it when I myself have to repeat myself a bagillion times to people. 

Sorry, can you tell I'm at work? Luckily it's a half day for me Wink

• imageXIrishPrincessX:
    A sex party sounds like it would be a lot more fun to go to then a gender reveal party.  Just saying.

Yes

I think Jack and Jill parties are idiotic.  They're never fun, and I would really rather just get a check that says "we're having a wedding that's way out of our budget, can you send a check?"  I mean, that's why I'm invited, isn't it?

Also, I'm sick of people asking "Is this name too popular?"  No, John and Megan are not TOO popular.  They're just right popular because they are good solid names, name your child that.  If you want to be all special, go ahead and name your child Moonshine Birch Tree.  But I will think you're an asshat.  This coming from a girl who was one of 14 Kate/Katie/Caitlyn's in her graduating class of 200.

• imagerrcraz7:

imagedicer2:

I was 28 with DD and I never would have thought to even ask my mom. I was in the ER tuesday & opted to be alone rather than call a parent. So I don't get it either.

I asked my Mom to go to one (peek u/s because we were getting ready to tell the ILs and I wanted to make sure all was OK).

I had a loss before and just wanted someone there "in case" (DH couldnt go). I also asked her because she lives in the same town as me and the office, was off work, and she was wanting to see an u/s.

She didnt have a u/s with me and the only u/s she had with my sisters was at 8mo when her Dr got a u/s machine and wanted to "try it out". She found out she was having twins then and was too shocked to really pay attention to the u/s.

It was neat and she was happy I asked her. I didnt really need need her there, but it was a nice mom/daughter thing.

However, if it had been a normal appt, I would have been fine going by myself. Im 33.

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

BFP #3- 02/21/12 ~EDD 11/1/12  Audrey Lee Born 11/4/2012

BFP #4 ~EDD 6/20/14 stick baby stick!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• People who poop at work are yucky. Stick out tongue

--I get that there are emergencies. However, we have a 2 stall RR at work and every darn day one lady poops. Gross, stinks up the whole RR.

We all live with in 5 min from work, I see no excuse.

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

BFP #3- 02/21/12 ~EDD 11/1/12  Audrey Lee Born 11/4/2012

BFP #4 ~EDD 6/20/14 stick baby stick!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I don't see anything wrong with second baby shower/sprinkles/registries.  I think throwing your own shower is always tacky, but if a family member or friend wants to celebrate another child, then great!  My family always throws a second sprinkle with our close family and friends for all the women in our family.  We love to have parties and we love babies :)  As for second plus registries, I have a wish list on Amazon that I created for myself, but have already been asked about my registry and told my friends about the wish list.  Many people appreciate registries (I know I do) and would rather buy something someone needs or wants. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I thought of another one :) 

I don't think it is a big deal to gain extra weight (more than the recommended 25-35 lbs.).  It seems like some women think it is the worst thing in the world to be overweight.  It is just weight, you can lose it if you want to after having the baby.  Obviously it isn't smart to eat tons of unhealthy food and lay around during pregnancy but I think if you are eating relatively healthy, staying active and have some extra "treats" now and then, it isn't the end of the world.  People put too much emphasis on the number on the scale and not on actually being healthy.  Also, I would rather err on the side of having extra calories (and hopefully nutritious calories) then not having enough to have a healthy baby.   

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"